The Beltane Fire Festival is an ancient Celtic celebration to mark the exit of winter and the entrance of summer and takes place in Edinburgh each year. There's drumming and dancing with fire, outlandish costumes covering interestingly painted bodies and all-in-all, it's collectively a sight to behold and an altogether unforgettable experience.
Or, for a more sedate beginning to what will hopefully be a pleasant summer, nothing beats the spectacle of a Bluebell Wood (just ask my pal, Betty, she's daft on Bluebells)..........
Happy May Day to you all and have a great (Bank Holiday in the UK, if you're lucky enough!) weekend, however you're spending it.
xxx
ps I have no idea why Blogger has decided to change my font without my say-so. Perhaps they'll change it back for next time!





Beltane and bluebells...both spectacular in their own way..have a great weekend Nana..x
ReplyDeleteThe festival sounds fascinating. I love the history you have over where you live. The bluebells are a sure sign of Spring. Enjoy your weekend,
ReplyDeleteMeredith
Happy Beltane - I like the idea of painted people dancing round fires. The bluebells are beautiful, I like the pink one, that's an unusual sight. Isn't everything blossoming fast all of a sudden! I like your new header, did you paint it? it's very pretty and suits your blog style really well.
ReplyDeleteHello Anne - gorgeous bluebells - yes have been seeing them lots on Bettys blog :-) Hope you have a super long weekend - blogger seems to have a mind of its own sometimes !!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous bluebells, Nana.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your prayers. All is well. I am still away from my home and we are better closer to have our daughter brought to us in Colorado.
I think South Carolina has bluebells alongside the roads here, very different from Colorado in the high desert where Grand Junction is located. I love the humidity here in SC,
ReplyDeleteFrom another who is daft on bluebells ... lovely post.
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping all is well with you :)