Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Thankful......

.....that I can knit because I saw these gloves on a favourite website but I can't afford to buy them at that price (not that I think they're not worth it, I do, it's just that my car has just had it's Winter service and now I'm relatively poor until next payday!), so I found the striped gloves pattern in this book and set about knitting myself something similar.....


...ok, so they're not top-notch like the lovely Fair Isle ones from Eribe but they're warm and cosy and unique in their own little way, well not so little but then, I have BIG hands!.....and I used leftover yarn from my Spice of Life Blanket so win-win!

********
I'm reading this book but no-one told me it was about vampires so not exactly relaxing bedtime reading!

****
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American sisters. 
*****
Thanks for all lovely comments last time round. Big Love to you all!
***********
Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along

18 comments:

  1. Beauuuuuutiful gloves there Anne .... lovely wool & colours & pattern - love all of it. Your knitting is just gorgeous as is your crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. You're very kind. No need for gloves on your side of the world. I hear the temps are creeping up!! Keep cool. x

      Delete
  2. Morning Nana.....what lovely gloves...you are so talented..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evening Libs. Thanks for compliment. Just wiling away the hours, with what 'me' time I have left at the end of the day and on these dismally dark nights!

      Delete
  3. So impressed with your gloves. I had to go and dig out my DB book and check. You have interpreted the pattern in a fabulous way with your colours and added patterning. I confess I had assumed it was a dpn pattern and avoided it. Now I am sorely tempted to have a go myself. When I have finished all these baby knits, that is!! Blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. How lovely to see you here too. I was delighted when I discovered the gloves were knitted using only two needles. Me and DPN's just don't get on - hands are too big for such fiddlyness!! I took the Fair Isle bit from the Xmas Stocking in the same book. You must be getting so excited about the impending arrival. It's truly a great time.....and beyond!x

      Delete
  4. Seriously those are a work of art! I am not a fair isle knitter so I am in awe! THanks for the book suggestion, I just finished Career of Evil it was scary to read at night!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady Mer, thanks for that sweet comment. I just love Fair Isle but have to confess, it gets harder to concentrate on the charts as one gets older, that's why I only did a few rows. My book is indeed scary but it's rivetting at the same time. Just have to remember to check my neck in the morning for puncture marks!!lol. xxx

      Delete
  5. Your gloves are a good replica Anne, they look so soft. You have made some fabulous things this year.
    I wore the massive pink mohair tartan shawl you gave me when I was on a late shift the other night, the air con was faulty and blowing cold air but I couldn't feel it a bit in my shawl! I wrapped it round me with a big kilt pin to hold it and had loads of admiration and compliments! It's so beautiful and warm :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're almost making me wish I had that mohair back!! Just kidding. I'm glad it's providing so much comfort to you, Betty. Must find a shawl pin for you too. xxx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous gloves! That's my favourite part of knitting - making something that's even better than a bought item! I've banned all my friends from buying things that I can make, I like that they'd have a more unique version of something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise. I tried leaving a comment over at yours but had some difficulty with Disqus!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra - all thanks to you for the provisions!xx

      Delete
  8. Your gloves MUST be even prettier than the pair you craved. Hand knitted is so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Nancy and I saved myself quite a few dollars into the bargain!! s

      Delete
  9. Wow! You are a talented girl! Gloves? I can't even imagine! I sent you an email to your free birdie address. I realized as I was rambling on that maybe that isn't your most used email address. I hope you quickly recover from the hairbrush whack! You are a very good granny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning, all talented people! Your work is so lovely, Nana! You've got a great talent. The gloves look very warm and nice. How is the book going by the way? Can you recommend it?
    xo, Marge
    Margaret's last comment at http://au.essay-writing-place.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx