Saturday, 13 August 2011

Got a Head?......

......get a nice new hat just like this one here which I made for my friend (no, I`m not paying her to wear it!).....
....and which I`m showing off to the entire universe because I`m so chuffed with it!
My friend will find that her new hat is so versatile, she can be Miss Jean Brodie one day as in the pic above...

....or Nurse Gladys Emmanuel the next....

or maybe...

...Ingrid Bergman in the Inn of the Sixth Happiness!....or at a stretch....


....either Laurel,Hardy or Chaplin....I`ll leave it up to her!
Whatever she decides, I think it`s a very nice hat indeed (you can all stop giggling now!) but sorry about my mode-ls face! She got a bit mashed up in the scramble to evacuate for the recent renovation work to be carried out. I`ll fix her up though once I`ve finished my latest new hat ...yes, I`m on a hat kick because after all, I`ve absolutely NOTHING better to do with my time and energy but sit around creating things.....you know how it goes?! I`d offer it up as a giveaway but I don`t think you`d all be tripping over yourselves to put your names down!lol.......so...
...here are some more pics if you`ve a mind to look at them.....if you don`t just hit your `back` button and me and the hat`ll be gone from view faster than you can say `who`s she kidding?!!`...


.....so it`s Goodbye from Me...

....and ta-ta from The Hat...

We Hope that you are all having a good and stress-free weekend.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. You are so talented...that is lovely......well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that hat!! Well done, what have you made it out of and is there a pattern. You are too modest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a flippin' marvellous Hat, Nana! You hide your light under a bushel! How long now till you can go home, chick? xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love it, the style, the colours and the movie character lesson! Is it knitted or crocheted? What a grand thing to make in your spare moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hats off to you on a brillant post!!!
    it's a very lovely hat nad as you say so versatile in my fav colour too but as i look like none of the above but ermintrude the cow whenever i don a hat perhaps i'll leave to your rosy cheeked model!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you getting close to being done? If we hadn't had to finish by a certain time frame it would have dragged out I think.....Man a lot of late nights and early mornings. Oh and a few choice words sometimes flew through the house...hehehe!
    I love your hat Momma and all those wonderful movie references...some of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anthropologie , its all about the sales.....be patient. I got that rug for a song!
    How the construction coming along and painting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hellooo
    Just catching up with some of your posts...
    How did I miss this?
    Where did you get that hat? (I know you knitted/crocheted it) I LOVE it!
    Where can I find the pattern please?
    I'd like to have a go ;-)
    Thank You
    LOVE PEACE enJOY
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx