Saturday, 6 August 2011

It Ain`t Over `Til The Fat Lady Warbles.......


.....and she`s just warming up her tonsils!
Progress has been slow since my house was turned inside out,upside down and I`m a long way from finished but at least I can see the light (I swear at one point, I could almost see a Heavenly Light calling me upwards!) so all the little annoying jobs that can be done when the weather inevitably turns to Autumn have been sidelined until then and I`m off to enjoy what`s left of the Summer and a little playtime....here....
http://www.eif.co.uk/
....and here....
http://www.edbookfest.co.uk/
and hopefully a little R and R beside the sea....
http://www.aboutdeal.co.uk/deal-seafront.php
...here.
During the upheaval and when it finally all got too overwhelming...and because I was on holiday from work at the same time, I took me a little road trip to England.....well, ok, I only got as far as Berwick-upon-Tweed because my time was limited but it might have been London,Paris or Rome ....I had a lovely day out, just like Joan without a Derby!or Thelma without a Louise! Sooooo.....

......up,up and away...


...or rather I was driving...but isn`t that a nice bit of coast road?!....
...stop and say 'good morning' to some nice sheep...

....looking back to the county where I live ....nice, innit? (though I won`t tell you that the large white building in the background is our very own local nuclear power station!)......

....stopped off at St. Abb`s Head in search of coffee but I was a bit too early for everyone!The one and only coffee shop was closed!.....

....no that`s not it....that`s a quaint little hut for a fisherman!...

......complete with quaint little reel!

.....quaint little houses....the lady from one of them was out pruning her climbing roses and I thought to myself how nice it would be to be able to get up in the morning and the first thing on your mind would be 'Oh, I think I`ll go and prune my St. Swithins`! I wish!!

......and I`d always been meaning to visit this lovely wool shop and finally, when I got there, guess what? Yes, that`s right... it was also closed!...
but I was able to have a little peak in the window....


......then finally managed to track down a lovely frothy coffee at the gallery next door ......
.....and sat outside to savour both coffee and view.....

......just kidding, it was much prettier than that!.......


Short trip on to Berwick-upon-Tweed, a rake around the charity shops but bearing in mind that for weeks I`ve been getting rid of my own junk, I was very selective and left other peoples` treasures on the shelves! Phew, the sacrifices we make! After lunch, it was time to hit the road, this time homeward bound.....

....that`s not my feet on the dashboard, it`s one of those car freshener thingies!
I won`t trouble you with any pics of the state of my house on my return.....you`d only have a touch of the vapours and I`ve used up all my smelling salts!

Thanks for popping-in and hope you`re all having a great weekend and did you know that tonight at 7.00pm was supposed to be the happiest time of the year? Well, I waited but......?lol

Bye for now xxx

ps The pic of the Lovely Lady atop is not me - just sayin`!

10 comments:

  1. Berwick upon Tweed looks like a lovely little place, love all those old buildings and the boats. Pity half the shops were closed...next time :-)
    Looks like some nice events coming up and a nice place to stay for the rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good trip with lots of lovely blue skies.
    Coffee looks good too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nana you have me made smile with this lovely post...and I love the new header/look. What a fabulous little day out you had, that part of the world is indeed splendid, and your pics are great. When will your home be ready do you think? and can we see pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely photos, the weather looked fab. The fisherman's hut was my favourite :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nana...you do make me giggle! Glad you're keeping your head above water.When are you moving back in? xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny I feel the same way I need to get out for a change myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Love the first picture!! I've never been to St Abbs, but have heard it's a lovely place to visit. Like the look of that little wool shop. Great weather you had on your trip too, not so nice today though, we were up at Killin today and got soaked! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a great trip Nana,lovely weather too,shame the wool shop was closed,love the fishermans hut too.take care,xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Looks like a fab trip
    You asked about the oak effect flooring, just incase you missed the update addition it was from
    United Carpets lots of stores all over when l looked
    Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that house hurries and gets finished because I need to come visit to see that gorgeous countryside for myself! And I need some of that coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx