Yes, the Weatherman said tonight that it`s going to turn `very Autumnal` this coming week so when the weather turns `very Autumnal` what better way to get ready than unearth your knitting needles and get clicking!
.....and if you think you can`t, there are loads of classes starting up soon that will gladly teach you how to, if your Mother or Grandmother haven`t already passed on the basics to you.....and once you get going, the possibilities are endless. For instance, you could knit.....![]() |
| pics courtesy of Google Images |
....and of course, it always helps to be in full make-up whilst you knit one,purl one,yarn over,knit two together!
So whatever your Autumnal Pleasures, don`t forget....
.....and here`s some I made earlier.......
........those are not my hands but those of my trusty modelle, SkinnyMaLinkyLongLegs! aka my long-time (40 years!) Best Friend, G - stomach as flat as an ironing board!
See You All Soon, Clickety-Click!
xxxxxxxxxxx




How talented you are....and you've inspired me to knit a bit after my latest babette.....those wristwarmers look great.
ReplyDeleteps your friend has a flat stomach? and you're still friends????
You have been busy, everything is lovely! I love the sea green wool - I did have a little go this weekend and managed a very wonky crochet flower which I have unravelled and redone about 20 times - just can't seem to get it! It's heavy rain, winds and chilly here at Gatwick and I am definitely thinking Autumn has arrived. Bettyx
ReplyDeleteLOL I laughed at this post and threatened to be fully made up next time I pick up the needles, Billy just ignored me and asked me to ask you for a photo of your son's truck....men, I'm sure they are from another planet ;-)
ReplyDeleteI want that first photo on a t-shirt for my knitting group! And the second one on the back!
Thanks for the laugh Anne and BTW lovely knitting xx
Wowie! You have been a busy bee with the knitting needles. Love that neck warmer and the cables are smashing xx
ReplyDeleteDon't think I like your skinny washboard stomached friend but love your knitting! My thoughts too have turned to knitting but 3 attempts at some lacy edging has left me hurling it back into the knitting basket! Blustery for sure - thoughts turning to soup and slow cookers and socks xx
ReplyDeleteOh Momma you are just the best....I always laugh start to finish with your posts love Gene and the bus....I can just see you and hubby going to the local coffee shop in matching knitted outfits!
ReplyDeleteahh, great post and so true, although you can never go over board with cable - leaflet on coping with the bad weather duely received today!
ReplyDeleteMy Nan taught me to knit when I were a wee nipper but I was not dedicated enough and the skill slipped from fingers like a missed stitch...
ReplyDeleteMomma, its 8/1 and I have the room. Do you like them a little burly?
ReplyDeleteI'm waiting for a new post Momma!
ReplyDeleteWill the real Nana Gogo step forward! ;-D Amazing pictures - your knits are bloody amazing!
ReplyDeleteI love cable, my mum knitted my sister and I dresses with two cables going down the front - and cabled pockets that lined up too - of course we were kids! lol!