.....but not for me so don't get too excited! I seem to be surrounded by loved-up folks at the moment....and it isn't even Valentine's Day!...
...let me explain. Last month my eldest boy upped-stix from his life in London and came back to Scotland to be with his partner and her son on a more permanent basis. The long distance relationship they had carried on for nearly three years was becoming a bit too much for all concerned (and ultra-expensive, as anyone who travels on the East Coast trainline will testify!)so my Son took the gamble to leave his life down south and start again back home. So far, so good....Love...it`s what makes the World go round!....
.....continuing on with the 'Lurv' theme, my youngest son asked me to accompany him last week to choose a very special ring for his partner because it was her birthday and he was intending to propose last night....which he did very gallantly and romantically, so I was told (I was only kidding when I told him he'd better get down on one knee but he took me at my word!)and the Lady she said Yes!....so now we're on the 'Big Day' rollercoaster......which leaves me wondering how I'll cope with it all but nevertheless, I'm very happy for them and my Precious Grandaughter,who'll make a very pretty flowergirl!.........as for me? Well, without sounding pitiful and I'm certainly not fishing for sympathy.....I've grown to love my 'singledom'....assuming myself completely unboyfriendable....although there is one likely candidate who might be very appreciative of my affections, I'm sure....
So in the meantime, I intend to.....
Have a good week everyone.xxx



Congratulations to the lovely couple - wonderful news. Bettyx
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful news Nana....congratulations to all. You must be very proud of your children...they seem like fine folk. As for you? I think you should continue to enjoy your life but not post pictures of Shrek as your possible companion!! I am sure you are gorgeous...that is what comes across here in blogland and I bet in real life too!
ReplyDeleteplan your trip Momma , I have a skinny one who wears cowboy boots or a portly one? congrats to your boys!
ReplyDeleteA busy time ahead for you then, congratulations to all concerned.
ReplyDeleteGillx
Hey Anne, thanks for stopping by it was soooooolovely to hear from you.
ReplyDelete.
Congratulations to both your sons on making these momentous decisions and how lovely of youngest, asking you to accompany him to but 'the' ring. You must have a lovely relationship.
Anne, I 'm sure there's someone special out there for you, but he's a treasure that takes some discovering .............
But just enjoy your 'singledom' for the time being.
Enjoy the knitting/crocheting and Autumn, such a lovely time of year.
Claire X
What great news lass! So nice to hear that your boys are all loved up and Chloe will be such a sweet flower girl! Big congrats to all involved xx
ReplyDeleteThat is good news isn't it :-) I bet your grand daughter is looking forward to being the flower girl, how special. Yep you can't beat knitting ;-)
ReplyDeleteWow it's all been happening in your neck of the woods! How lovely to have your boy nearby and fun, fun to have a wedding to help with. I think you're absolutely right to be choosy about your chaps! Knitting is a hard act to follow! xxxxx
ReplyDeleteHej Anne
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! To your son and his partner...
How exciting!
LOVE the autumnal header, I can almost catch the falling leaves...it's lovely.
LOVE PEACE enJOY & keep warm
Julie
x