Sunday, 13 May 2012

My Current Obsessions.........

.......Ok, so I'm a little bit late to the party, by about 4 series .... better late, etc.etc.!I resisted temptation at first but wanting to find out what all the hype was about, I borrowed Series 1 and 2 from the library and it would be extremely safe to say I'm now a 'Mad Men' addict! What exactly is all the hype about? Well, Mr. Draper for a start.....a little bit slick, a little bit smooth, a little bit naughty....what more could a girl ask for?


..............except tons of FABULOUS frocks and some great music!
......pre-ordered Series 3 and 4 so lots of catching-up to do!
.........and my other current obsession? 
........'tis the Season of the Jumble Sale! Only, in my haste to get to the latest gig, I forgot to take along my...
....and some...
....blimey! some little ole ladies have got some game when they think a bargain's slipping away from them!Anyway, this is what I managed to get my mitts on before I was forced to abandon the project!...
......inspired by Floss's lovely new red and white acquisitions...here... http://trocbroc.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/french-red-and-white.html

...love the shape!...







.....some nice little sideplates for cheese and crackers....it was the box I was attracted to the most!... .not sure whether I like the look of that fellow in the last pic! 
Had my hands on a lovely red cotton sofa throw but it was wrenched from my grasp quite unceremoniously....gave it up without a fight, naturally!
There's another Jumble Sale next Saturday .....not sure if I'm up to the challenge!!

Have a great week, Everyone. As always, thanks so much for stopping by, means a lot.

xxx

ps Happy Mother's Day to those of you in the various parts of the World who celebrate it today.


8 comments:

  1. Yeah, another Mad Men fan...I adore Don Draper.....he does melt my butter!!!
    The clothes and furnishing are wonderful and such a great story line....I could just go on and on......I love Roger Sterling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched Mad Men, but looks quite interesting. I can't believe that little old ladies at a jumble sale can be quite so 'vicious'! Love your latest acquisitions though! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharpen your elbows Nana! That's what you need with these ruthless, jumble sale matriarchs...very sharp elbows! Love your finds! I still haven't joined the Mad Men party...shall I? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sale sounds dangerous. Maybe you need so heavy duty training befoe next Saturday.
    Happy Mother's Day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Nana, you're brave....but to the victor the spoils eh? I haven't been to a jumble sale for years...must look out for one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and by the way, I have'nt done the Mad Men thing yet either.....but those clothes are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had better take some back up with you next time. My mum used to make sure she 'helped' at our local church jumble sale so we got first pick on the goodies. The French crockery is very pretty. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not familiar with that series. Is it a movie series, or book series? I love a good garage/ or yard sale. And I hit the vintage and thrifts as often as I can!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx