....and then I noticed that everyone seemed to be 'rippling' lately, especially this lovely Lady, whose work I so admire so taking my inspiration from her new Autumn Sky Blanket, I set about making my own from my ever-growing stash .....
....but it just kept on growing and growing so I had to come up with a plan before I ran out of wool....and then I hit on the idea of joining it at both ends and calling it a circular blanket!....Genius!.....only now there was a very large hole in the middle which somehow had to be filled-in! As luck would have it, I just happened to be browsing on Ravelry and found a great pattern for a crocheted jacket which had a lovely motif on the back and which looked perfect for the job so out came the hook once more and I ended up with this.....
....but at first I wasn't too happy with the finished result because the whole effect seemed rather gawdy with the mixter-maxter of different wool and textures....
.....but I slept on it (not the blanket, just the idea!)..
....and you know what, I rather like it now!
...in fact, it wouldn't look out of place in one of those old-fashioned Gypsy Caravans...... she says dreamily!
Funny old thing, grief, isn't it......but onwards and upwards now, I'm not going to mention it again.....I don't want to scare you away, you've only just got here!
Have a great week my friends and take care should the snow be falling in your part of the World.
Much Love
xxx









congratulations on a beautiful blanket, I love it! I think turning it into a circle is genius and the circular motif is wonderful. The colours work really well together and you would not guess that it was a stash buster blanket... going back to yesterday's message about the swan pic, I have had my eye on one of his prints for quite a while now. If you fancy doing a swap sometime, that would be good. I could make something in return for the picture maybe? Anyway, hope you don't have to venture out in the snow today, stay warm and thank you for your kind words on my crochet x
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for posting the pictures of the two of you, you made me smile through a bit of sadness. You can mention it all you want because while we are here to cheer you on through your days, and all your projects, we are also here to be with you during your sadness and grieving. Your blanket is amazing, gosh to be so creative must feel pretty darn good. I love it, every single stitch of it.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you,
Meredith
Hi,Hope you are not too snow bound.We've had a smattering here in N.Yorkshire but they seem to think we've never had snow before.2009 and 2010 were a million times worse.Just wanted to pop in and say how lovely your circular blanket is....loving the colours.I reckon you should have left the hole and worn it as a poncho.lol! Anne x
ReplyDeleteW♥♥♥w, I'm totally thrilled about your round blanket!! It looks gorgeous in that armchair! Really great job, thumbs up :-))
ReplyDeleteOh how sorry I am for your loss. What great photos of the two of you! Such happy, happy smiles!!! Grief is different for all of us. We must allow it to take it's own path.
ReplyDeleteYour gorgeous blanket is almost too pretty to use!!! Such vibrant color and design.
I had to chuckle at your comment on my last post. Yes, I guess old habits die hard. When all of the children were here at home, I used to cook for grand numbers of people! All the teens hung out here. I fed them, and all was happy. Now, it is so different. Even though my middle daughter and her son live with us, I never know who will show up for supper. I do like to keep a well stocked pantry. Because I love to cook!
Hugs to you, way across the pond!
xo Kris
What a great catchup post. I sure do recognise the wool, I just knew you would know the perfect thing to make :-) Your blanket is spectacular, inspired. Wrap up warm, it's cold out there! Love Shaz xx
ReplyDeleteYou look fabulous! and that blanket is really outstanding......even if it is a 'mixter maxter' whatever that is! you really are very talented x
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog. LOVE IT!!!!! I am in awe of your circular blanket. I SO want to make one. Did you make up the pattern or can you suggest where to find it? And the colors you chose, PERFECT
ReplyDeleteI missed this one - what lovely photos, hang on to the happy memories. Your woolly creations just keep on getting better! The little dress so sweet. Betty
ReplyDeleteThank you for dropping by. It`s funny that you still have the cloth I sent,I was looking at the dressing table set that you sent me and thought of you at the weekend. There is a lot to be said about blog swaps and the friends that you make through them xx
ReplyDeleteHey Anne, it's nice to put a face to the name, a lovely pic.......I'm very sorry for your loss......
ReplyDeleteYour circular blanket looks amazing, sounds like it's the perfect weather over there for curling up underneath it and staying warm.
The little dress you knitted is so sweet and will be lovely and snug for Winter wear.
Claire x
Lovely photos and gorgeous blanket. Sending you love and blessings xx
ReplyDelete