......except enjoying the pretty petals of the daffodils which have finally opened up their happy faces to the sun (yes, that big yellow thing in the sky has at last made an appearance!).....
......and never getting tired of taking pics of my coastline (though you maybe tired of seeing them!)....
.....Lazy Sundays are the best ....making the most of the last one for a while!
***
In other news, I heard from Gill on the other side of the pond who was my swap partner in the Spring Bouquet Swap organised by my pal Betty, to say that her parcel had arrived. This is what I sent her.....
.....and an 'African Flower' Mandala because she's 'AfricanAussie'!
.....I hope she liked everything.
***
Lots of unfinished projects lying around here.....
...supposed to be an 'Ikat' throw but got fed-up after just the second half-strip so did the square for the middle and am now edging the piece with a very large border and will hopefully be able to call it a throw when it's eventually finished!
****
....then decided to join in with my UK Freeformers Group latest project over on Ravelry, having not even finished the last project for NatCroMo (March being National Crochet Month but this is now April and I still haven't completed the piece because I don't know what it wants to be...yet!)
.....not everyone likes 'freeform' but I do - you can make mistakes and call them a 'design feature' and no-one notices, or cares! that's why it appeals so much to the rebel in me who can't/won't adhere to the strict routine of the written pattern!Naughty Old Me!
.....new colours ready,willing and hopefully able to do this beautiful item some freeform justice....
(pic courtesy of Prudence Mapstone, Queen of Freeform)
****
...and lastly, the latest addition to my extended family and ever-so-grateful little recipient of at least one finished project......
.....which arrived just in time to keep her snug as a bug during her New Zealand winter......can't wait to see her in person when she visits these shores in June/July.
Now if you'll forgive me, I must away and do justice to the rather large bacon and cheese pretzel which has my name on it......those kind of projects I have no problem in finishing!!!
***
How are you spending your Sunday?
Have a great week everyone.
Love You All
xxx





Oh I have been meaning to take a photo of my new cushion and never got around to it - thanks for that. Thanks too for all the thought and planning that went into it. I love daffodils, and pleased to see that you at last seem to be getting spring in your part of the world. I was of course out in the garden all weekend.
ReplyDeleteI must try my hand at freeform crochet again as I really enjoyed it... lucky swap partner, the cushion and potholder are lovely. I really enjoyed my first swap, let me know if there are any more in the future please. I don't know what "ikat" is, so did not understand that bit, I will try and look it up. We had a lazy Sunday; I went to the car boot and bought a christmas cactus and resisted buying a 1950s coffee set with thimble sized cups. We cut the lawns for the first time and even had our dinner outside and my husband got his head burnt! Have a good week x
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post Nana, with beautiful pictures too. How lovely to live where you do and to be so talented. As for a day off work...almost heaven isn't it?. Such a pity you live so far away Nana...I want to make a particular crochet blanket as a gift for my sons girlfriend and have to do cirles in squares, which I have never done before.....I keep trying and can't count the stitches and never get it right...I sat here yesterday and wished that someone could show me how it is done...you are so talented you would be the perfect patient teacher!
ReplyDeleteI will never get tired of you posting pictures of that gorgeous shore, so beautiful. Wow, you are busy with all those projects, I look forward to seeing them finished. I have never tried free form, I think I am too much of a rule follower to do it.
ReplyDeleteSending you a big hug my friend,
Meredith
Your swap went well - what very pretty and imaginative pressies you sent. Looks like your Sunday was just as it should be - plenty of time to relax, potter and just 'be'. You have been making some good stuff - your eye for colour is a talent you know - little baby looks sweet and snuggly in crochet - Betty x
ReplyDeleteA lovely blue-coloured post: the skies plus those in the crochet projects.
ReplyDeleteWe were so lucky with the weather in Scotland last week - it was cold and windy in Lincolnshire but we found a sunny, settled valley over the border and it was heaven.
HI Nana!
ReplyDeleteOh, the baby is so precious! I love her snuggly throw!
Free form looks fascinating!
Your land is so pretty! I do not get tired of looking at your sea.
Its so nice to see that Spring is finally here. I love all the spring flowers they are so comforting to see after the long cold winter we have had.
ReplyDeleteThose cloud photos are just what i want for my photography clubs next month assignment.
You crochet work is just amazing, love all your projects and that dear little sole looks so cosy wrapped up in the shawl......xx
Such lovely pictures...the flowers, the clouds, the crochet....and mosty of all, that beautiful babe!
ReplyDeleteblessings xx
bet you cannot wait for June!
I love that baby.....and your flowers look like the sign of spring.....so pretty!
ReplyDeleteAre you making that shawl...its lovely!
I missed you Momma....how have you been?
Heidi
Loving the freeform..and one beautiful baby snuggling into an equally beautiful blanket
ReplyDeleteHugs Sue x