.....having a 'pampering' day at a rather swanky new salon...
.... which also involved, amongst other lovely treats, having my toenails painted... a rather vivid shade of turquoise (don't ask!).....
....followed by a wonderful visit to....
....followed by a wonderful visit to....
....whose interiors are sumptious in the extreme, some of them quite art-deco, including beautiful artefacts which would make your eyes water! (no photos allowed, or else!).
On another day, we visited a quirky little art gallery full of quirky little things like....
....and of course, this adorable little crocheted bag....
...all followed by tea and scones and a lovely vista from the cafe window!
**************
Unfortunately, as is the way, all good things must come to an end so I waved goodbye to my friend from the railway platform as her train pulled out of the station and am now looking forward to her and her husband's return in June, accompanied by their daughter and new grandaughter, all the way from New Zealand. In the meantime, it's back to the saltmines for me - mustn't get too used to being a lady-of-leisure, I might get to like it!
**************
Hope you all have a very good week and thank you for visiting and leaving your lovely comments last time around.
Lots of Love
xxxxx








Hi Nana! Oh, it looks like you had a WONDERFUL time! I love that crocheted bag!
ReplyDeleteI loved the picture of your Dad....you deserved the royal treatment and nothing like a good friends visit and pampering to lift ones spirit....by the way I arrive next week , get ready! haha someday though, take care , love Heidi
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a lovely time xx
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to have a pamper day with a friend - I have never done that! I reckon you could make a crochet bag like that one? Betty x
ReplyDeleteOh Nana that toenail shot almost made me jump...wasn't sure what it was initially! I loved the bowl too.
ReplyDeleteThe visit and the pampering day sound grand...isn't it lovely to step out your ordinary life now and again and be a lady of leisure?
Russian dolls definitely need a face: how odd to see them without. The weird ceramics which look a little 'melted' are unusual.
ReplyDeleteSo pleased you had a lovely day with your friend -a bit of everything, pampering, browsing and eating!
What a lovely time you had, it's so nice to spend time with friends doing wonderful things... Sarah x
ReplyDeleteHey Anne,what a lovely time you had with your friend.......no doubt there was a lot of chatting and laughing taking place too.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to visit that special Lady when we visited Scotland in 2007, but we ran out of time unfortunately.
I wonder if they make you walk the gang plank if you take pics?!
Claire X