Wednesday, 21 August 2013

New School Days................

........begin with new school shoes (the price of which cost me more than I would pay for my own shoes - good job I love her so much!).
End of an era for me, looking after 'the baby' for the best part of 4 years, each and every Wednesday, rain,hail or shine.....but all is not lost.....I still get to pick her up from School each week and spend a few precious hours with her and she'll come and spend more weekends with me too so it's all good really!
******************

Thank You so much to those lovely folks who have chosen to tune-in and 'follow' me recently.
60 Followers now.......woo hoo!!!

Back Soon xxx

9 comments:

  1. We were the talk of Matalan today when 14 yr old boy went in for his size 12 school shoes! he's growing side burns for God's sake! I have never had the pleasure of shoe shopping with girls but imagine it's a lot more of a performance - with boys it's simple: black, lace up or slip on, affordable, fits, get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I looked for a place to "Follow" you and couldn't find it. Help! I am with you on cherishing my grands. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful that you care for her and buy her the things she needs, even if they do break the bank. :) You're a terrific grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you ARE going to miss your little grand! Poor Granny! I mean Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nana that image of socks and shoes takes me right back....happy days.
    You are truly blessed to have such a family and be able to spend time with them the way you do.Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those sweet little feet in those sweet little shoes!! Love!!!
    I know how it is to have your grands in your care. Then they toddle off to school, and Gramma is a bit lost. Don't worry, that doesn't last long!
    LOVED your previous post too. Just read it. Wonderful!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sweet shoes are worth every penny, or pound. I like the idea of more weekends, she loves you so much she wants to spend lots of time together.
    Hope she is loving big girl school.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute picture, frilly socks are back in fashion for my 15year old too just need to get big girls shoes now though. Have fun with your granddaughter as she starts her new journey through school xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. School shoes cost the earth when my lot were little so I dread to think what they cost now! But that's one cute little pair of feet you're going to have walking home from school beside you, and think of the tales she'll be able to tell you about her day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx