held each year at Edinburgh Castle, at the start of the Edinburgh International Festival.Traditionally, it rains on the parade, this being Scotland in Summer but fortunately for us, it was a fine and balmy evening and a chance to catch Edinburgh looking beautiful.....(sorry if I sound like an advert for Visit Scotland!)....
(at this point, my camera battery starts to fade, so apologies for the poor quality pics but I hope you get a flavour of the evening)
....these Korean drummers would put Phil Collins firmly in the shade!.......and the Korean dragon was very cute!.....
....these mini-bikers were so clever riding their bikes backwards, with fireworks!...
.....unfortunately, a really bad pic of some pipers but they sounded great!....nothing like the skirl of the pipes and the swirl of the tartan to stir your heart....
.....and I wish I could show you pics of the Mexican Army Mariachi Band or the NZ Army Marching Band, who did a hilarious gig and even included a Haka (Maori Dance usually used at the beginning of their rugby matches) or the beautiful Mongolian dancers (who must have sweated buckets underneath their fur costumes, it really was a warm night) or the 'War Horse' , whose production is coming to Edinburgh in January and February but sadly my camera battery had well and truly died by then so you'll just have to take my word for it that a great night was had by all.
************
Thanks to all who left such lovely comments last time, 'preeciate every single one!
Much Love
xxx










It looks like a fabulous event, really colourful and I imagine very loud! Betty
ReplyDeleteFun times it looks like, were had by all.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Meredith
What a wonderful post, I love Edinburgh and it's been so long since I visited it's wonderful to see it in all it's Tattooed glory ~ Sarah x
ReplyDeleteLucky you to be part of the Edinburgh festival! I saw it featured on BBC TV last week. It made me wish to go there as well :-) Hope you had a good time!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind comment on my blog as well!
Madelief x