...if I was paying a vast amount of dosh for a Stella McCartney Mohair Tartan Coat, I certainly wouldn't be immersing it in a pool of water - what a waste! I hope my bloggy pal, Betty won't do this with her fab new mohair wrap that she got for an absolute steal! Wander over and have a look, she's making tasty treats with different kinds of berries at the mo.
....and I love this natty little tartan jacket......
......or how about this g-e-eorgeous woollen check coat - not so sure about the model's po-face though, maybe she doesn't like owls!......
....and of course, no denying this is the way to go when shopping at your favourite supermarket!.......
...now this is more like it.....huge,warm,functional...right up my street!
....now I absolutely love this dress - well, it's only Dolce and Gabbana so you may not like it as much! I think my bloggy pal Shaz would like it too because she's mad about her lovely cats (you can't really see very clearly in the pic but the middle section of the dress makes up some kind of feline features, a tiger I think).
....this would make a welcome change from the flannelette nightie and fleecy dressing gown I'm more liable to be seen floating around the house in....
but in the meantime, since I can't actually have any of the above, I'm very happy with what I do have and this includes a very pretty little bee enjoying some lovely lavender, as painted by Betty, who also included some lovely-smelling lavender cuttings for me to plant. Thanks, Pal.
....and I'm also very happy that I received this.....
...another 'First' this year and this time for my Crocheted Fair Isle Mandala Cushion Cover (link on my sidebar and pattern from the lovely Sue - she who is a marvel with a crochet hook)which I subsequently donated to Marie Curie Cancer Care via a stall at John's Open Day (or maybe he's resting his weary head on it as we speak - if it didn't sell on the day his partner, Chris was going to buy it for him). Anyhoo, I was chuffed to bits to win again this year - only wish I could have collected my little prize ticket in person!
In woolly news, I'm knitting something really big! details here - so far I'm up to 300 stitches and counting! Told you it was big....
Hope you're all well and getting ready for Autumn/Fall which is just around the corner, by all accounts. Seems a little early to be saying 'Keep Cosy', so I won't just yet in case I'm tempting fate!
'Til Next Time
Ciao for Now
x
*Fashion Images courtesy of Vogue Magazine



Thank you for such a lovely post. I have stumbled sleepily across your blog in the middle of an unsettled night and it as settled me enough to seek my rest again. So, thank you .
ReplyDeleteSleep Well tonight, Linda.x
DeleteAre you making the eagle twist? it looks big and complicated but you will be so warm and cosy in it. I like your new blog header it's very you - knitty nana. Thankyou for mentioning me twice! I feel famous. So glad you liked the little bee, I have been painting more - I am into bees at the moment. Do I not wash my shawl then? I haven't yet as was going to wash in lux or something - don't want to shrink it but I love it so much it will be worn to death - I even have a proper kilt pin to hold it shut! I am very into tartan and kilts - why don't they make good kilts like we wore at school any more? I pondered buying from a school outfitter, but thought every school kid in a navy kilt will know where it's from and laugh at me! a nice navy one would be so practical. Congratulations on your knitting prize, I am not surprised you win prizes, you are expert. Betty x
ReplyDeleteYes, Betty, it's the 'Eagle Twist' and I wish it was finished - it's now getting on my nerves! You could wash your shawl but very,very carefully by hand and in tepid water. A navy kilt would be very smart indeed. Have you tried Ebay?
DeleteI think the D&G dress looks like something from a Tudor portrait [I've spent too much time reading Hilary Mantel this summer]
ReplyDeleteVery Impressed by your certificate. At first I thought it was for growing flowers, then realised my error. Intrigued by your final 'teaser' photo
autumnal blessings xx
It does indeed look like a Tudor portrait and you'd need a King's Ransom to buy it!Hopefully the 'teaser' will be revealed shortly, phew!
DeleteI like the conversation between you and Betty, so sweet.
ReplyDeleteYOU are so nice, Nana. Your mandala cushion cover is glorious! I am not surprised you won! Knit away, friend! Pretty!
Hi Pom-Pom and thank you so much for your extremely kind comments which I'm sure I don't deserve but I love them anyway! I wish Betty lived closer - I think we would make a great double act!!
DeleteA big congratulations on winning first prize with your mandala cushion... it looks wonderful and I also love your new header. Hope you are enjoying September so far xx
ReplyDeleteThanks, Andrea and lovely to 'see' you here! x
DeleteCongrats on your first prize Anne, how exciting.....though I'm not surprised, it's beautifully eye catching and the colours are gorgeous...
ReplyDeleteYou're talking Winter and I'm thinking about Summer.
I know where I'd rather be, hehe.......
Love Betty's bee painting, I have a thing about bees too. How many other creatures, hum away while they work?
Lovely to pop by for a visit and see what you've been up to Anne, hope you are well.
Claire xx