...ironing being one of them (yes, that's the back end of the iron - it's pointed like that to save turning the iron around which in turn saves time(?!)
...and here's the whole thing just in case you're one of those people who like to collect photographs of irons, in which case I would advise you to seek professional help!lol....
....anyhoo, I won't bore you with the rest of the mundane stuff I do to earn a crust. Instead, why don't we concentrate on the things I DO like doing..........for instance...
looking for windfall apples to pick up (large ones for stewing, little ones for the horses)....
....and there is nothing like the crisp and crunch and taste of an apple straight from the tree....
...some to be boxed up for using later on in the year, some for making apple jelly, oh joy!!, and some came home with me!
.......then there's the plums....lots of.......
....and sometimes they've got company......

.....lots of!
And there endeth a day in the life of me! Time for home now and some scones with jam.
'Til next time and Thanks for passing by last time - Great to see you and d'you know, you're ALL so lovely
xxx








It looks like a lovely day, and a yummy one.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you,
Meredith
Thanks Meredith. It was a particularly lovely day and though I do say it myself, the jam is indeed yummy! Hope you're well. Will write soon. x
DeleteThanks for a wonderful insight into your day I'm going to be really boring now as I need to buy a new iron is yours a good one :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Tracy and thanks for stopping by. Have emailed you details of the iron. Have a great weekend.x
DeleteHi nana gogo thanks for a wonderful insight into your day. I'm going to be really boring now and ask about your iron, would you recommend it? As I need a new one! ;-)
ReplyDeleteHi Tracy, as above!lol
DeleteWe both dislike our jobs Nana - but I have to say the location of yours and the views you have are just fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI dislike some days more than others, Libs but this was a good day :-) Hope you're well. Anymore wedding plan details. I'm meeting with the prospective bride and groom tomorrow. Will let you know how their plans are going.
DeleteA lovely post, I love your walk - the iron looks serious stuff! I have a rubbish iron, would like to have yours. I bet it smells fabulous when you're making the apple jelly and jam. Bettyx
ReplyDeleteYou can have the iron!!lol The plum jam was particularly great smelling and even better tasting. Sorry for the modesty!lol
DeleteOoh, plums ... yum! I am fascinated by that iron, is it meant for ironing anything in particular, or just the things a regular iron irons?
ReplyDeleteNope, you can iron just about anything you like with it, unfortunately!!lol
DeleteOh, Nana! I'm sorry you are tired. That is a fancy iron and I DO like irons. When I had a lot of ironing to do, I did not like it at all.
ReplyDeleteI like that saying, "to earn a crust" very much. I am going to start saying it when I leave for school in the morning. "I must go drive the long road to school so I can earn a crust!" Yes. I like it very much.
All your fruits are pretty. We live too far from orchards. Sadness.
I hope this day brings you a cozy nap and some junky (but interesting) programs on the telly.
I'll think of you saying your new 'saying' everyday now. Glad you like it. Junky programmes watched and enjoyed......you can't get anymore junky than 'Millionaire Matchmaker' or 'The Real Housewives.....of just about anywhere'! Have a good weekend, Pom Pom.x
DeleteYummy jam. I'm intrigued to know what your job is. When I was in college I worked for the college's theater department, sewing costumes. I had to use the big industrial iron with a water tank affixed to the wall, and big tubes that came down to the iron and that iron was so heavy and hot. I hurt myself constantly at work. I hope yours isn't like that.
ReplyDeleteThe iron that I use at work is 'state of the art'......my boss reckons I'll work faster and more efficiently if she pays a lot of money for the equipment I have to use at her house.....I would rather have the extra money in my paypacket and work at my own pace, just as efficiently! Do you watch 'Downton Abbey', Jen? Well, you know the Housekeepers,Cooks,Butlers,Footmen,Upstairs and Downstairs Maids? I'm all of those rolled into one - although the house I work in isn't quite so large, thankfully. Thank you for stopping by. x
DeleteYou see you never quite know what people are going to be interested in - what with my pan and your iron I think we've hit on a rich seam - I'm thinking '50 Shades of Household Appliances'! A lovely harvest you've got there - good old Monty Don was talking about juicing apples on Gardener's World this week - ever tried that? Have a great weekend x Jane
ReplyDeleteOh I have iron envy! I also like the saying "earn a crust" . After work every day we head off to one of the beaches that are within five minutes drive, so while I am earning my crust there is always that to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteGreat Photo's. A clear picture that Autumn is on its way....xx
ReplyDeleteThis post reminded me of all of the favourite things Amelie liked
ReplyDelete