....after a very long motorway drive, our little car finally reaches its destination, Clydeside in Glasgow.....
....and just around the corner, our venue is in sight......
....the little spots on the outside of The Hydro are there to keep the temperature of the inside of the building cool in the summer months (a little over-optimistic thinking there on the part of the planners, perhaps!)....
.....ok,ok enough with the architecture I hear you say, so here's my youngest sister playing at being really excited to be at the gig (well she wasn't really playing, she WAS really excited!)......

...then in a couple of interludes, in order for the artiste to go backstage and fluff up his hairdo, his daughter (one of many!), Ruby Stewart, took to the stage and belted out a great number....
....then back to the Impresario himself.....
.....and at the final curtain call to our hero singing 'Auld Lang Syne', hundreds of balloons descended from the ceiling, topping off what was a truly great evening.
Today feels a bit flat by comparison but never mind, there's always 'Strictly' to look forward to later on!
Hope you're all having a great weekend and thanks for the precious comments which you left last time.
xxx












It sounds like a wonderful concert. When I was younger I was not a Rod Stewart fen, but as I have gotten older (which I sure have) he has become like an old friend. He is quite amazing to be performing at the level he is.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you,
Meredith
I'm glad you had so much fun, Nana! It's good to kick up our heels every now and then, right?
ReplyDeleteSo good that you enjoyed yourself - I would have loved it. Betty
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a fabulous night!
ReplyDeleteYou lucky lady!!! I love Rod Stewart!!!
ReplyDeleteFun night for sure!!
xo Kris
Oh I bet that was a great concert, I so happy you got a little treat. We are Strictly fans here too. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Andrea x
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely surprise.
ReplyDeleteGillx
Lovely photos looks like you had a great time at the concert!
ReplyDeleteEeek! I love it! Thanks for sharing, I feel like I got to go to the concert too! :)
ReplyDeleteI saw him live at a festival many many years ago and he wore a really really really long scarf...and was great on stage. ps and my brother in law knows him..........
ReplyDelete