..... from the Flower Show.......very happy to report that I won a 'second' for my crocheted blanket, among some pretty tough competition and a total of 500! entries into the various categories overall - you should pop over to
John's blog to see them - the cake table is worth a look alone and the pots and pots of jams and jellies are highly inspirational. Wish I could have been there to sample some of them! The floral entries were so pretty and colourful and JG had a little 'turn-your-fruit-and-veg-into-something-interesting' competition going amongst his fellow bloggers in which they were invited to send in pics of their efforts, which were displayed around the village hall where the Flower Show was held. The highly imaginative winning pic was from a blogger in NZ and involved some broccoli! Have a look. You'll laugh at some of the other entries for obvious reasons!
Anyhoot, thanks JG and Committee for letting me be an entrant in your lovely village Flower Show which seems to come around all-too-quickly each year. Looking forward to the next one!
No pics of my knitted cushion cover entry - I was too busy making pom-poms to take any!
Thanks for passing by and sending all 'good luck' wishes. Really appreciate them.
'Til next time.
xxxXXXoooXXXxxx
Congratulations on your second place! It looks from the pictures as if there were masses of entries, so you did really well to come second amongst such tough competition! xx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is very exciting news. Well done.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to tell you, that a woman from colwyn bay asked one of the committee where the woman who knitted this lived.. She wanted to buy it!
ReplyDeleteHooray for you, I am shocked you did not get First with that lovely blanket.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Meredith
Well done! Although looking at it I think it should have come first! xx
ReplyDeleteWell done for coming second with your crochet blanket at the flower show, you did a great job.
ReplyDeleteLooks like the competition was of a very high standard and there were lots of entries.
Although i am a keen gardener and do lots of craft things i have never been brave enough to enter our local flower show, maybe i should think about another year as it seems great fun. I went onto Johns blog and was blown away with his posts so now follow him.......xx
Well done Anne ... I popped over to Johns blog & looked at all the photos - what a great display of different things. You should feel very proud with a 2nd placing, I think your blankets is just gorgeous & I LOVE that you have trimmed it with pom poms.
ReplyDeleteWell done ! will you enter some marmalade next year perhaps? that blanket is fabulous..congratulations again nana x
ReplyDeleteCongratulations - the pompoms look really good but it's the colour combination that really does it! It's fabulous.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your second place especially with so many entrants, very impressed. I would never have the confidence to even enter.
ReplyDeleteGillx
Just found you via John's blog!
ReplyDeleteWell done! Clapping for you, Nana! Excellent!
ReplyDeleteI wish you lived by me so you could be my crochet tutor. I get it, but I need a little guidance. Have a happy day, sweet soul!
Well done you ! xxx
ReplyDeleteDo you know I only live half an hour from Trelawnyd but never seem to get there for the show. I really must try harder!