.....but the lights of Auld Reekie as it once again plays host to the annual Edinburgh International Festival.....
where an exciting atmosphere descends on the City once again and brings it to life with all the colour of a carnival and envelopes it with the sight and sounds, the like of which are rarely seen for the rest of the year (except, of course, if you happen to be sitting in on First Minister's Question Time at the Scottish Parliament - a pantomine in itself and that's for sure!)......

....but I digress, so back to the action which involves the streets being filled with all sorts of odd-looking characters dressed in their finery.....

....including Storm Troopers.....in kilts!......
......and ages...I threw him a couple of pound coins and he didn't bat an eyelid!
....and talented street artists doing their thing, also in hoodies.....
....and talented street artists doing their thing, also in hoodies.....
....oh, and Capt'n Jack was there too, with a glint in his eye!...
.....and scary alien-type monsters....
....and pretty ghostly ladies who floated past in their hooped skirts...
....which scared the living daylights out of me when it was up close and personal, let's be honest!...
....by which time, a much needed pit stop was in order for some tea and cakes.....and I expect you'll be needing a cuppa after being dragged along on this tour with me, so I'll leave the rest until next time, when I'll show you the most beautiful dress made entirely from tweed. It's a stunner!
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. There's a definite nip in the air now but I'm hanging on to Summer until the last ray of sunshine has officially extinguished itself until next year!!
Lots of Love
xxxoooXXXoooxxx











I like the sheep! was it a wolf in sheeps clothing? It looks like such a fun event - ghostly ladies looked interesting too. Look forward to seeing the tweed dress.
ReplyDeleteWell I have definitely never seen a storm trooper in a kilt before!!!! Looks as though you and everyone else had a great time though. xx
ReplyDeleteJean Miles in her blog has talked about the Games, but gave no description and I've wondered about that phenom. Now I have a better idea, thanks to your description in pictures. Looked like a lot of fun. I will google Edinburgh and the games now, but thanks for your description. Wish we had those delightful cakes right this minute!
ReplyDeleteI would have loved to have seen the puppet sheep, looks like a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Meredith
Looks like big fun!!!!
ReplyDeletexo Kris
Lovely post. My daughter is in the process of moving to Edinburgh and between family and friends I think she is already booked up for the duration of next years festival.
ReplyDelete