...isn't it lovely to get home after a particularly fraught day and find an amazing parcel with lovely labels all the way over from the other side of the world, waiting for you?? and better still, the box is filled with all sorts of lovely things...
and with my recent inclusion in my friend Betty's 'From My Home To Yours' Swap I was paired with a lovely lady in NZ called Julie, check out life in her Threadbear Cottage here and who makes the most delightful and expertly handmade items, one of which she sent me as part of our swap.......
......aren't these pantaloons and feet adorable???
and what about her wings??!!....
....and there were other lovely things in the box too, like this charming and colourful tea-towel with a map of NZ on it.....now I can see exactly where Julie lives and where my BFF is emigrating to in the New Year (but that's an enitrely other story for another time!)....
....this pretty flower reminds me of a Scottish Thistle....
and that concludes our little trip around NZ, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed being Julie's Swap Partner - Thanks Betty for organising the swap and a million thanks to Julie for being such a kind and generous 'swappee'. I loved everything you sent me and rest assured, Dolly will be very well looked after and happy here, x
Time to Go
Love to All
xxxoooXXXoooxxx
Footnote : In my exuberance to publish some comments, I accidentally hit the 'delete' button! That's never happened before so my sincere apologies to Meredith, Kris and John for sending them off into cyber-space without a by-your-leave!! I did manage to recover John's comment with the help of 'Blogger Help' but unfortunately, Meredith and Kris, for some reason, I was unable to get yours back. Please accept my apologies once again and rest assured, it won't happen again. Thank you for leaving your comments though - I did manage to read them very quickly before they disappeared!!!








Aw! So many cute things for you from NZ! Yay! The dolly is darling! She'll love living in Scotland with you!
ReplyDeleteSo you had a long hard day? I wish you lived closer. I'd bring you some supper and tell you some jokes (I'm not good at jokes, but I could look some up! LOL!)
Take care, good Nana! Sending you love across the miles!
The angel is adorable and with so many small and interesting details. And a tea towel! And Notecards! Everything was thoughtful. You scored!
ReplyDeleteOoh how superb - several swaps have been posted this weekend - you have some lovely goodies there. Hope yours to Julie arrives soon so we can read all about it. Have a restful weekend old buddy. Betty x
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely things to receive!!! It is so much fun to participate in these things isn't it. xx
ReplyDeleteI am not a doll person. But she is a sweetie
ReplyDeleteOh I was so delighted that you loved the dolly Anne. I can see by your photos I forgot to stitch a loop on the back of her dress in case you wanted to hang her up somewhere ... sorry :-) I really enjoyed having you for a swap partner,, thank you. Have a lovely week - am off to Mums in morning x0x
ReplyDelete