......passing right underneath Edinburgh Castle on the train (hence the bars across the pic, the lights from inside the compartment!)and just a short journey from the centre of the city takes you to the venue on the outskirts. This is the second EYF and the organisers decided to hold it in a much larger venue than the original one from the first year since so many people turned up and from what I gather,because I wasn't there the first time, it was quite a tight squeeze to fit everyone in. This time though, there was plenty of room to move around and they managed to fit in loads of new designers and their wares, like......
.......this very interesting and lovely lady who was called Ingrid and who knitted and crocheted with gigantic balls of recycled fabrics and giant needles and hooks.....
....and for those in the know, this was Emily Wessel's (Tin Can Knits) booth and what a lovely person she is. She has a new book out - 'Road Trip' - which is now on my Xmas list!
...and next up, these offerings from a young designer called Katy Birchall (www.winstonclothing.com if you want to see what else she's brilliant at). I loved her sweaters, there on the right-hand side wall, although I won't quote you the prices, you may faint but I think they're worth every penny for their elegance, style and total one-off-ness (assuming that's even a real word). I'm saving up as we speak!.... more sheepy stuff....it would have been really hard to avoid them!
....and if Annie Cholewa is looking in, this booth was doing a roaring trade!
...and another 'big name' in this wonderful woolly world 'Toft'. I loved their alpaca pom-poms but at £8 each, rather a decadent use of such exquisite yarn but that's just my own opinion. Feel free to differ.
I did, however, love their cutesy little animal kits.
....this one's for Pompom. I thought of her as soon as I saw it!
I don't know whether any of you have heard of The Icelandic Knitter, Helene Magnusson? This is her booth. I loved everything on it!
So I think that may be enough for you to take in for now. I know I was rather overwhelmed after spending just a couple of hours amongs all that woolly goodness. A pit stop for coffee and cake was well-earned. I'll show you more tomorrow if you like?
*************
Just remains to say 'Happy Mother's Day' for those folks to whom it applies today. Hope you were thoroughly spoiled rotten. I know I was.......
******
See you next time and thanks for giving up so much of your valuable time to read my ramblings and leave your sweetest of sweet comments.
Tons of Love
************

















What a treat! I loved the train ride and everything! Oh my goodness! It warms my heart that you thought of me, old Pom Pom, as you were enjoying all the yarny beauty. Yes, more tomorrow, please!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you were spoiled for Mothers Day! You deserve it, dear Nana GG! ❤️ Oh! And the sheep! (Clapping!)
Knew you'd love the sheep, Pom. x
DeleteLooks like you had the most fabulous Mothers Day treat! What an interesting event, loads of colour and clever artists making things that are not your average woolly jumper! I like the idea of the fabric balls and big needles from the lady with the red hair! Look forward to more pictures tomorrow then - Betty.
ReplyDeleteShe was a real character, that lady with the red hair. Very friendly too. Those big needles are sore on the hands though. :-(
DeleteI'd have visited that if lived near you Nana...looks great...but maybe I'd have needed to keep my purse in my pocket....after all yesterday did find me furtling about in Aldi looking at some of their cheap wool (well nylon I suppose!) although I didn't buy it.....I'm thinking of knitting a big easy to do quick poncho so need some of the right wool..at the right price!..glad you had a good day.x
ReplyDeleteLibs, I just wanted to throw away all my cheapie wool when I got home but common sense prevailed!!
DeleteLooks like i missed an amazing knitting event. Sadly not so long ago i had a clear out and threw all my balls of fabric away which i kept to make rag rugs, i didn't think i needed them any more.. Its always the way its it !!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking the time to read my blog and for your kind comment on my last post.......xx
You're welcome, Linda. It's a pleasure to visit your little corner of the blogosphere! x
DeleteI feel as if I had been there myself. What a glorious day out. I love that recycled giant knitting - I have a bathrug which a friend made me on massive needles from old tee shirts. Glad that you had such fun [and cake!] blessings x
ReplyDeleteThanks, Angela. Yes it was a magical day. x
DeleteBliss, the place looks like pure bliss. I would have been so ecstatic to visit with you. Oh my goodness, that festival might be the highlight of my year!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Meredith
Yes, Meredith, it was rather like walking into a yarny heaven!
Delete