Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Poetry............

.....no, not the 'I wandered lonely as a cloud' type.......
......but I've just discovered a new online clothes shop of the same name and to my surprise, I love everything in their latest catalogue. I think I'm ready for a change of image. I've been adopting the same old look for quite a while now. It seems to be getting more and more difficult to find anything that suits my style - mostly jeans and t-shirts during the week while at work but maybe something smart but casual for going out and about. Then there's the 'age' thing. Well,  I'm not quite ready to fit into those Marks and Spencer elasticated waistbands just yet! So while I was leafing through the pages of this new catalogue, I very definitely felt that mostly everything in it was wearable for 'ladies of a certain age', so to speak. Let's have a look and see what you think.
.....I fell for this linen coat in a big way. I love the cut of it and the colours. I'm trying to steer away from the blacks and greys that are my usual mode of attire all winter long, so I think this apricot colour would be my first choice, as a complete contrast.
 

They describe this pattern as 'basketweave' but I think it looks more like moss stitch. Whichever it is, it's very nice indeed, especially worn with some type of scarf. I love scarves too! 

 Another linen jacket. I like the dipped hemline at the back. Great for hiding less-than-perfect posteriors!
 These would be perfect for my 'shepherdess' days - yes, I secretly harbour ambitions to buy a flock of sheep, shear them all by myself and sit down at my spinning wheel happily plying and whiling away the hours of my retirement (fat chance, by the way!).
I love the detailing on these cotton tops and again, the colours are very pleasing.
 More classic knitwear...
and I just love the detailing on this t-shirt too.

They describe these tops as 'crocheted'. I'm wondering which stitch they've used. Perhaps a bit of reverse engineering could produce my own version?
  A pretty cotton sweater.
I think these could be my new favourite Summer tops. I love their tunic style and the way the buttons fasten up each side. They're crocheted too.
 

 ...and to finish, pretty little vests and oh, look, what do we have here?  Why, some elasticated drawstring waistbands! Still, they're not Marks and Spencer's, that's got to be a bonus!
Now, all I have to do is win the lottery this weekend to be able to afford any of the above! 
What will be in your Capsule Summer Wardrobe?
********

Great to 'see' you last time and to read your thoughts on my blurb and great news, The Edinburgh Yarn Festival folks have just announced that there will be another one next year, instead of bi-annually. Oh, joy! Only 50 more weeks to go. 
**********

 And look, more good news, a new follower! Welcome New Follower and Thank You. I hope you'll like it here. x
*******
'Speak' soon.

xxxXXXxxx

All pics courtesy of 'Poetry' Summer 2015 Publication.

22 comments:

  1. I love clothes like those - loose, easy and free but not quite to the stretch-pants level. :) I especially love the first jacket and the pants. You really can't go wrong with linen or those soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linen will be so cool to wear here in the Summer, Jennifer.....if we ever get any! It's still quite cold here! We really do get the wear from our woollies in these cooler climes!

      Delete
  2. Well Poetry looks pretty, I love the colours they have selected, nice fluid lines too - I love the shepherdess look - I think you must definitely cultivate the shepherdess in you Nana! Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I spotted that top, Betty, I thought of you! It's just your style, I think. Sheep-herding seems quite inviting right now!!

      Delete
  3. I think you should contact Poetry, send them the link to this post, and ask if you can review your products.
    I might find them on Twitter and tell them you have just given them a fabulous outfit on your blog! I agree, the colours and styles are lovely,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trish. I left another comment at yours re contacting them. :-)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful clothes! Maybe a little out of my price range though, gorgeous as they are...

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coat & cardigan. They look like very comfortable clothes, just by cup of tea! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tops are pretty and practical. The only drawback is the ample amount of neck exposed. But as you say, with a long scarfs wrapped around, that takes care of the neck issue.

    I have gone to the Judi Dench tops, all linen and flowing. If you google flax clothing, you will find many of these tops and jackets made from flax. Her first movie about The Exotic Marigold Hotel piqued my interest in her flowing outerwear, hence all my internet searching into flax clothing. Give it a go and come up with more of your favorites, and I will show you mine. Yes, I wear them when out of my Jammie's or jeans...they prove to be effortless church wear also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I loved Judi Dench's clothes in the movie. I will have a look at the flax clothing and see what's on offer.

      Delete
  7. Just beautiful clothing there Anne - & a great name for their label "Poetry" ... love it. They look my kind of clothes too ... stylish but still comfy. I am not into tight fitting garments that show up all your "extra bits".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie. I can't remember whether I left a comment on your last post. I shall retrace my steps and find out! Yes, gone are the days when it was ONLY tight clothes we shopped to wear! Now it's the baggier, the better!

      Delete
  8. I love all of those clothes, they are just my style, I like to think of myself as a closet Bohemian. I would were that shepherdess shirt in a second. I need a change too, I am getting way to outdated.
    Hugs and hooray for the yarn festival in just 50 weeks, I am excited for you already.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOh, those clothes look very nice - and I bet nice and pricey too. Tried to leave you a comment on your Yarndale post while I was away but wasn't connected. I wondered if you'd enjoyed it but judging by your comments above that was an affirmative. My Summer capsule wardrobe will have to consist of items lurking in the wardrobe that haven't fitted on this body for many a year - nil by mouth for a few months then! I secretly harbour shepherdess ambitions, along with hen keeping... one day, one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit early for 'Yarndale', Jules. Right on time for the Edinburgh Yarn Festival, though. lol I shall post a pic of the hens I tend to at work soon, just for you!

      Delete
  10. I love Poetry's clothes, and as a long time wearer of them can assure you that they are great value as they wear very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Annie, they certainly look quality.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, all that looks good to me, too! That apricot linen jacket seems like a must-get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love linen! I like your taste in clothes, A! CUTE, comfy, and different!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx