It's that time of year again, the Redcurrants are dripping from their branches and will soon be ripe enough to turn into some wonderful Redcurrant Jelly. I was thinking I might share the recipe with you this year, if you'd like?
Then after that, we can swap Gooseberry Jam recipes or whatever else you like doing with Gooseberries (within reason!).
Some new roses have been planted this year - totally out-of-bounds.....for now! They're a David Austin variety, the name of which escapes me now but my friend the Shabby Chic Bohemian also has them in her lovely new garden.
These pretties are as pink as pink can be.For my friend, Andrea a real Waterlily in honour of that beautiful blanket she's just finished crocheting in a recent CAL (crochet-a-long) and it is indeed stunning. Pop over and have a look.
Oh, look, some flowers in a vase, in my house. How did they get there, I wonder?
Even more flowers on the landing - they look great though, n'est ce pas?(yes, ok, maybe one or two prize-winning lilies made their way home but only because they were rescued from the debris of the recent thunderstorm, honestly!).
...... and of course, one has to have fresh roses in one's boudoir!
Perfectly formed, each petal and I so wish you had 'Smellyvision'. The perfume is rapturous (ok, maybe not so rapturous but certainly quite a heady scent).
This is my tiny hallway in my tiny house...tomorrow it will be filled with toys and babywalkers (well, at least one) and a dolls' pram and a doll's cot and Barbie stuff and....and...and...I'll enjoy every minute!
Happy Warm and Sunny Wednesday Everyone (if you're reading this from the Southern Hemisphere, hope you're keeping warm and cosy!).
A Bientot. xxx







Hello dear Nana GG!
ReplyDeleteWow! What gardens and how fun to sneak around with the clippers!
Your house looks so cozy and bright!
I'm glad you have lots of g-baby activity to look forward to! (BIG HUG!)
Your hallway looks welcoming and lovely...and to be filled with Barbie stuff etc., is just perfect! those flowers are lovely too Nana...please share some gooseberry recipes!..x
ReplyDeleteHow delightful, it would seem a shame to leave all those flowers for one person who is too busy to pick them herself so I am very glad you took the trouble, and don't they look pretty in your house! Have a lovely time with the grandchildren - Betty.
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhh, I want to see more of your tiny house!! This little peek is delicious.
ReplyDeleteActually, your blog looks delicious. With its soft pink and the beeeeeeautiful pink flower in your Banner.
Gentle hugs,
Tessa
(upper NE of the US)
Oh how lovely all of those flowers are!! Have fun with all of the little ones!!
ReplyDeleteXO Kris
You are not greedy, Nana, you are appreciative! Lovely pink roses.
ReplyDeleteCan just picture you being sneaky with the secateurs! We have lovely roses again this year in our garden but so far the raspberries are disappointing. Hope the plums might give me some jam later in the year.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoyed having a house full of toys :-)