.....that's what I was the other day when I went for a new photograph for my driving licence and passport (I'm not actually planning on going anywhere but one lives in hope!). I had just been to the hairdressers and thought it would be an opportune time to get a lovely identity photo taken, knowing that at least my hair was perfectly coiffed! WRONG, for when the lovely lady in the shop gave me the pics back, I instinctively knew that I didn't want to look at them until I was in the safety and comfort of my own home so once safely ensconced within my own four walls, I hesitantly slid open the envelope into which the lovely lady from the shop had placed my pics and through one eye, for I had the other eye firmly shut, I glanced at the most horrendous photo of myself that I've ever had taken. Now, it was no fault of the lovely lady in the shop for she was only doing her job and the camera does not lie. No, it was rather my own self who would be to blame for there it was for all the world to see.....the face of an old worrier! Oh, it was all there, the stress of the recent few years, the worry, the sleepless nights, the JOWELS!! So instead of looking like this......
....and I'm not kidding neither!
My hairdresser will be offering Botox-in-a-Bottle soon. I've ordered a crateful!
xxxXXXxxx
Hope you all are being good

Give over...I bet you look smashing..x
ReplyDeleteHaha! I shouldn't laugh but couldn't help myself.
ReplyDeleteI do think passport photos should be shot in soft focus - get the woman to put a pair of tights over the end of the lens next time.
Quit. But I did smile. Thanks for the grins, you Beautiful Doll, You!
ReplyDeleteI have this weird desire to stare at photos of myself, sort of like looking at a slug that has been sprinkled with salt. We definitely see ourselves as young blushing women and sometimes a quick glance in the mirror is like a crushing blow. To bring myself back to reality, I look at my mother. Her face is radiant, full of wisdom and love and when she says, "Wow, gravity is really doing its work on me," I think, "Your face is one of my very favorites!" We continue to wear our smiles even when they are not as plump and glowing. YOU are youthful and lovely, faithful and kind. It shows on your lovely face, NGG!
ReplyDeleteI bet that you don't look bad at all, but that doesn't change how we feel ourselves does it! xx
ReplyDeleteIt can't be that bad surely! My passport pic is like Myra Hindley. Shame we aren't allowed to smile on these photos as it makes all the difference. I like Pompoms comment ('like looking at a slug sprinkled with salt'). My mother used to say beauty that lasts is on the inside and shines out so I hang on to that thought as feel not unlike you!
ReplyDeleteAh, the time of life. Bless you nana.
ReplyDeleteI live in your shocked world xxx
ReplyDeleteFirst you made me laugh, it can't be that bad! But I understand, the stress of the last five years has aged me more than I can say, I don't even recognize myself anymore.
ReplyDeleteSending you a hug,
Meredith
Where did you get that photograph of me Annie?
ReplyDelete