Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Bonne Annee......


So, here we are, at the end of another round of Christmas Festivities, Santa's packed up his sleigh and the reindeers have gone back to roam the tundra in Lapland until next year and we're at the beginning of another New Year.
My Neighbour's House!












 Did you eat too much......

......drink too much?

I don't drink alcohol anymore but I will admit to devouring more than my fair share of Festive Food (enjoyed every mouthful!)
and now I need to get back to 'sensible' eating and manage my sweet tooth more successfully - thankfully, I gave away the large box of Celebrations which my neighbour handed in the other day - I'm rather partial to the Malteser and Galaxy Caramel ones but a moment on the lips, etc. etc!

Santa was good to me again this year but my favourite part of Yuletide is the family gathering. I love to have them all here, some on Christmas Day and some on Boxing Day. It makes me feel like a 'Mum' again, having to prepare and cook for them and I don't even mind clearing up after they've all gone home again! What's your favourite part?
Another favourite thing is not having to go to work over the holidays and I can safely say that I could get to liking this laid-back lifestyle.....

but at the end of the week necessity (and a much-depleted bank balance!) dictates that I get back on the old workhorse and start again! It won't be all bad because it's nearly that time of year again......

 when the old pantry at work will be filled with loads of orangey-goodness, the Marmalade Goddess willing....
 .....and it tastes just as good as it looks, even though I do say so myself!
What's on your New Year 'to-do' list? Have you made any resolutions, plans for the coming year? Do tell, I'm all ears.
It feels good to be back in the fold.
xoxoxoxoxox



10 comments:

  1. How many jars of marmalade to you make, Annie? How nice for the people you work for!
    I think my favorite parts are the candle light and the table linens. Funny, huh? Of course I love having family in for all the days, too. The kids are so precious.
    I'm glad you had lots of fun and I'm excited for your retirement when you can come to Denver and see me. Bring Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldnt it be wonderful if we could actually meet Pompom one day!? I have a flu virus despite being very good and having the flu jab, it doesn't promise to protect me from everything unfortunately... but prior to that there was plenty of eating and drinking - I made elderberry vodka in the Summer which is yet to be sampled but never tried marmalade. Your marmalade looks delicious, hope you get to keep some for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy New Year. I think I should have 'make marmalade' on my to do list. I've never made it before and I love the picture of all those jars on the shelf. Back to work for me tomorrow. Back to reality. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your comment on John's blog and came over to say hi. I am leaving a comment, so there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nana...you've changed your header! Your Christmas period sounds hectic but fun...happy new year..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you, no resolutions for me, just a word, "organise". I'm hoping to organise my time more efficiently, my sewing room (oh the mess) more swaps and finish of all the decorating jobs in the house! I think it could be a busy year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! There's nothing quite like a family get together and yours sounds lovely even if you do the washing up. Glad to be reading your updates. No resolutions here, just a general get a grip of your life woman chat with myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Terra, I was over at John's blog and wanted to say hi. I've read John's every morning for years and never left a message (I know, shame on me), and now your's for the first time and wham ... left one! My favorite part of Christmas is getting up early in the morning when it's still dark, turn on all the Christmas lights, set the breakfast table with special breads and things, turn on some classic Christmas choir a-singing and wake my husband to enjoy it all together (no kids or family here). My New Years resolution is almost always the same, be the 'best' I can be, which mostly means, be nicer to my husband. Since he's pretty much the only one that's around me, he gets all my 'moods', and being 55, there's a lot of bitchin' ones! I'll be reading your blog archive next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have more of a sweet tooth than anybody could reasonably expect! I think we have finally eaten nearly all of the Christmas sweets so normal eating should resume.
    My four young adults are on holidays from university until the end of February so it's quite a long time before I have the normal routine back

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my Dear Anne, Happy New Year. Your festivities make me smile, I love my family around me even when it means more laundry and wiping down the kitchen every hour. I am thrilled Christmas is over, your know I am a Grainch. Happy, Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx