The Great Outdoors has been a welcome boost lately. Time, whenever I can manage it, well spent.
At work, when I walk the dogs, I never get tired of admiring the surrounding countryside. I think myself very lucky to live where I do but slowly but surely, these brown fields are being taken over by developers with their bulldozers and more and more houses are appearing in clumps here and there and eventually all the clumps will join up and become one very big clump. I hope I'm not around to see the decline in the landscape when that all happens. I'll treasure the views for as long as possible in the meantime.
I love the whiteness of the hawthorn blossoms, almost bridal when you see them collectively showing off their prettiness.
No telling who you might bump into on a country walk!
The potatoes are sprouting happily in their neatly-furrowed field.
Off they go following one another up the hill to find some more lovely grass to munch on, just like sheep do!
xoxoxoxo
Next time out, we'll take a leisurely stroll around the garden at work which is looking supreme at the start of these lazy,hazy days of summer.
Thanks for dropping by. xxx
ps It's taken two nights to write this post. Chromebook and Blogger are not entirely compatible. Seems to take forever to upload pics from Google Drive. Any advice greatly received!
It is always difficult to see country roads and pastoral areas get developed!!!! Glad you are appreciating it now
ReplyDeleteThank you Kathy B.
DeleteOh, those are most lovely dog walks, NGG! Do you do the gardening at work, too? I like your views and I do think summer views are happiest. Having flowers in the flowerbeds makes everything look fun.
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you for not wanting to paint the trellis. Argh. Bill and I were out in the scorching sun yesterday trying to put together a glass topped table for outdoor dining. We just about had a stroke together.
Sending heaps of love your way!
Thank you dearest Pom. I don't do the gardening per se, my boss has a 'real' gardener for that but I do look after the conservatory plants, take cuttings (mostly geraniums), make geranium towers (I may post about that one day) and tend to the outdoor planters during the Summer months. I also harvest the fruit when it's ready. I bet your table looks fab but take care in that heat!
Deletehow lovely your walks are, I would love to bump into a crowd of sheep! The new planter is beautiful and very eco friendly.
ReplyDeleteThey're such scaredy-cats, those sheep! Yes, I rather like my new planter, just not relishing painting the bottom half!!
DeleteI love how you notice all the beautiful around you my friend. I am so sad when open spaces are gone because of development.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, Meredith. There's more and more of it happening here, sadly. xx
Delete