Tuesday, 12 June 2018

Peony Paradise......

 I suppose you could say that I'm quite lucky to work where I do, although sometimes it doesn't feel like it when there's lots to do and my 60-something old body has to drag itself out of bed every morning to go and do it but on certain days, it gives me great pleasure to be able to wander around the glorious garden and drink in the beauty and the colour ....... real food for the soul.
Come in and have a look.









 These are my new favourite-of-the-moment Peony. I'm calling them 'PomPom Peonies' because that's exactly what they look like, gigantic, fluffy, big and blousy and they smell like Johnson's Baby Powder!














Oops, I might even have taken a couple home with me - how can one resist??

Thank you for stopping by. 
xoxoxoo

13 comments:

  1. How very lovely. Our peonies here are like a present! We didnt know we had them because when we bought the house is was past their bloom. But we do and they are lovley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they'll keep on bringing you presents year after year. The one in my header pic was brought from my old garden about 16 years ago and I had it for around 10 years before that and it's still going strong.Thanks for dropping by Kathy B.

      Delete
  2. I think I would certainly have had to bring some home with me too Anne!! Just beautiful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. It's great to 'see' you over here. x

      Delete
  3. I love peonies but didn't ever notice a scent - Johnsons baby powder! how lovely, your pictures are wonderful. I do like the white border, I imagine it takes on a magical dimension at night. I have been buying sick plants at the garden centre and have a little nursing bay - I don't know what some of them are but am hoping for a few nice surprises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never hang around long enough after clocking-off time to see the garden in the dark for obvious reasons!! I'm sure your plants will become strong and healthy under your care, Betty. Great that you 'rescued' them.xx

      Delete
  4. you work amongst all that beauty? lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian, how lovely to 'see' you too. I'm still using that little bag you made for me to carry my library books around in. I'll only be working here for another year or so with my retirement looming!! Thanks for dropping in.x

      Delete
  5. Oh Nana how wonderful those blooms are! so good for the soul....x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libs. They're great, aren't they?Nice to 'see' you here too.xx

      Delete
  6. I love the Pom Pom peonies! Whoa! That is a very ambitious garden! YOU are an amazing gift to your employer.
    Our peonies are spent now. I do love the heady scent and I'll miss them. I hope the roses get showy before the Japanese beetles appear in July.
    Take care, good friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearest Pom. Of course, I thought of you when I was naming the peony! In my own garden at home, most of the pests come in the form of slugs and snails, how I loathe them!xx

      Delete
  7. They are all so gorgeous. I miss peonies and lilacs, we can't grow them here. They are so gorgeous. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx