Monday, 30 July 2018

Hotter Than July.......

 It's all about the temperatures at the moment, isn't it, here in the Northern Hemisphere? We await these few short months with eager anticipation as soon as the first snowdrop appears then, if we're really, really lucky before you know it here we are right in the middle of Summer and with exceptional luck, we can perhaps enjoy one or two long hot days, occasionally punctuated with the pitter patter on the window pane of the odd thunderstorm or two. The whole of July (apart from the past weekend when the weather put on a spectacular lightning show) has proved its worth with day after day of brilliantly sunny mornings leading up to some stunning sunsets at the other end of the day.
 My county looks luscious in the Summer haze.


Occasional trips to the seaside are compulsory when the free time allows.
 Our local bank planted this pretty boat-shaped salad garden.
 What can this be? A pretty little rainforest? The craters of a green moon?Nope, quite simply a green cauliflower which complements completely its purple cousin!
 Of course, even in the current high temps, there's always time to make jelly....
....with my new digital stirring thermometer!
....Redcurrant Jelly, that is and let me tell you, it tastes supremely divine and I don't say that immodestly, I'm very proud of my jelly-making skills!
xoxoxoxo
Wherever you are in the World, what are you up to in your respective seasons?
xoxoxoxoxo
ps Now that the month is ending, of course, here come the torrential downpours that have been threatening all weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I love your attitude in SUmmer. It just goes so darn fast. Our weather this week has been beautiful!!! I love your swimsuit lady! I seem extra thirsty for cold sweet drinks in Summertime. I do not need the calories though. I indulged in a passion tea/half lemonade drink today. oops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. You're right though, it DOES go by too quickly. Do you grow mint. The leaves infused in hot water make a lovely refreshing tea.

      Delete
  2. Morning Nana! I'm so glad you popped over to see me online. This heat has been incredible but at times, down here in East Anglia, just too much. Our garden is so brown but we've left the clover to grow and the bees and butterflies seem to be enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was lovely to find you again Trish. I think your temps have been higher than ours which were high enough for me! I've noticed a profusion of butterflies in my garden this year. Heartening.

      Delete
  3. I have some plums. Please come to my house and show me how to make jelly.
    I need one of those groovy spoons!
    Beautiful shots! Oh, summer IS pretty. I bought more flowers yesterday because our sunflower garden is looking leggy.
    Take care, good friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey buddy. I've never made plum jelly but to make plum jam is easy-peasy. Our plums are nowhere near ready yet but when they are, I'll do a post on 'how to make plum jam'. How does that sound??

      Delete
  4. I never had that kind of jelly. We just got blackberries in the woods, it's been like a desert landscape here with all the lawns like straw and even the trees behind us going into autumn mode and shedding leaves. I love the weather but am worried about the impact on livestock as the winter livestock food supplies are being used up now as there's no fresh grass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks summery & wonderful in your photos Anne. While I continue to fill the wood basket. I have never been any good at Jelly making .. wish you lived closer & you could teach me! That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx