Monday, 1 October 2018

Pinch Punch, First of the Month....

......unbelievably, it's October!
 Knitting Season starts in earnest now......

(actually, I was knitting this cardi the whole of September!). My friend in Australia emailed the pattern to me after I admired the one she made and posted about on her FB page. I finally finished it at the weekend but after hand-washing it carefully, already the yarn has lost it's 'halo' (knitting-speak for 'fluffyness'!). 
I'm hoping that the fibres will recover after flat drying it overnight, otherwise the whole of September will have been a total waste of time, energy and money and the cardi is confined to wearing on 'indoor' days! 

I had a much better result with the little matinee jacket which I knitted for my Niece's new baby due in March. The pattern was a 'top-down'  which means you start at the neck and work your way, well, down! It was very simple and quick. 
 Babies are so much easier to knit for!
Xoxoxo
Now, what to make next.......?
xoxoxo







6 comments:

  1. Your cardi is just beautiful Anne! Oh to be able to knit like that!! I hope the fibres come right for you after flat drying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dearest Julie. Thankfully, it's dried just fine now! Phew!

      Delete
  2. That jumper is spectacular, sod the halo! Just wear it with pride there is so much work in it, I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might make that the title of my book if I ever write one!'Sod the Halo'...Love it Betty!xxx

      Delete
  3. I like your new cardi! It looks very cozy! I'm knitting a fuzzy pullover. Around and around and around I go. Sending love your way, sweet Annie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dearest Pom. Can't wait to see your creation!xxx

      Delete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx