...going by in a flash......
Harvest time at work unearthed these yellow carrots - which don't have much flavour but they look nice!A new crop of Beefsteak Tomatoes which do taste very nice. I made a couple of jars of tomato sauce (learned the recipe when I lived and worked in Sicily some decades back, they call it 'Sugo' there).
A couple of weekends ago, I took a rather lengthy bus trip in a rather tinny and bone-shaker of a bus to visit my younger sister. The scenery was pleasant though. I took the train for the return journey, pure luxury compared to the bus!
We climbed a very big hill to visit the site of a rather large mausoleum which some rich person had built for himself. Unfortunately, we couldn't get inside because there was scaffolding everywhere while some renovation was taking place but we liked the lions guarding the entrance. One had a snooze while the other kept watch.
My sister painted the dresser in her new house.
Here are my sisters. They both have health issues at the moment but always manage to keep smiling through the stress and strain of it all. I'm very grateful for having 'wee' sisters, although someone obviously broke the mould after I was born for I am the old, short, round one!
xoxoxoxo
What are you looking forward to as Autumn falls upon us?
xoxoxoxo
Thanks for stopping by.
xoxoxoxo
I love your new header, so cheery. Your pics of sisters and yourself are lovely, you all look really happy. Currently it's the Bake Off that gets our attention on telly, and I'm thinking I might start watching Dr Who now the Dr is a 'she'!
ReplyDeleteThanks Betty. The header pic is of some 'prayer flags' that the girls and I found on our last visit to the fairy trail we go to. I've been watching Bake Off too but not so good without Sue and Mel. I've never been a Doc Who fan but may watch it just to add some feminine solidarity! Odd that they're showing it on a Sunday evening now.
DeleteI love your sisters dresser all painted up Anne! It looks beautiful. I am glad you had a nice time visiting with your sisters. We are heading into spring here now & though its still chilly, everything is coming into bloom. Happy weekend to you Anne.
ReplyDeleteThanks Julie. The dresser is an old 'Ercol' one that my sister has had for years but was always very dark and uninteresting. She has another two pine dressers in her new house which she's just painted and stencilled. She picks them up really cheaply but soon there will be no room for anything else in her home!
DeleteYou are all beautiful, all of you and that includes you my friend. I would love a good tomato and some cooler weather. Be well,
ReplyDeleteMeredith
Thank you, dearest Meredith.xx
DeleteYou are lucky having sisters, I have 2 big brothers and it was like growing up with 3 fathers. I always longed for a sister. Have a good week. Gill
ReplyDeleteThank you Gilly, bet they were all really protective of you though.xx
Delete