Sunday, 24 July 2011

Too Sad for Words

Sadly, it says a lot about our society when the death of a celebrity completely overrides the horrific events which have unfolded in Norway this weekend. While I have every sympathy with the friends and relatives of Amy Winehouse who will struggle to make sense of her untimely death, my ultimate sympathies lie with the multitude of parents,grand-parents,siblings and the other relatives and friends in Norway who have been left grief-stricken,heart-broken and bereft with the loss of those they dearly loved in such a horrific manner and whose struggle for years to come will be even greater.

Amy, troubled soul that she was,had a choice whether to live or die; the 90+ souls in Norway, the majority of whom were but children, unfortunately did not.

God Rest All of Their Souls.

9 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right Nana, a sad reflection of our society too caught up in fame and fortune. my heart goes out to the people of Norway.... : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Nana and yes God rest their souls, such a tragic event and so sad..:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Nana. I don't tend to watch the news or read a paper but even I noticed that my internet news page quickly demoted the Norwegian tragedy and led with the death of Amy Winehouse. The events in Norway are just so horrific and it is so hard to imagine how the nation must be feeling and particularly those who have lost loved ones, a very sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with your post, makes me sick to the stomach that a certain persons death by their own hand, seems to be overriding the tragedy in Norway. My thoughts are with those poor Norwegians who have lost a family member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with you absolutely Nana...such a sad sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Nana, these were my thoughts entirely and well done for voicing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where have I been this is the first I have heard of this tragedy brings tears to my eyes Momma...I'm off to google this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nana,

    This world of ours is definately messed up!

    Of course you can use my newest design for your header!

    No problem.

    I would be honored.

    Also, I will direct you to the experts for the rose drying technique. (Especially for a wedding)

    Try this link:

    http://www.marthastewart.com/267952/flowers-for-drying

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nana,

    I forgot to answer one of your questions. Yes, let's just say it is Marilyn's head and my handy work in creating the rest of the graphic. *smile*

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx