........that's what today has been......lots to see and do around these parts at the moment.....including our very own little arts festival...here's a peek at what's on offer....

....some delightful little 'chook beakers'.....

.....fantastic little kitty-kats....

.....a rather angry whale!.....

...some really nice 'fishy' plates (made by the father of the girl who made the chooks and cats pottery)....

....an homage to Her Royal Highness!....in lithograph
......and my favourites of the day.....

......all handstitched and painted by a very clever local lady......

.....more 'chooks'.....

.....this one's entitled 'Wash Day' and just look at the details....a pretty patchwork quilt...
......scrub-a-dub-dub!....

......hanging it all out on the line...

.....and even the little ones get involved!....

....another favourite.....I'd have to save hard to buy it though!

.....a little Highland Fling......

........a bit obscure but I like it anyway.....

...from the same mixed media artist....
.....I have no idea who that man in the corner is!!!

.........which way is up?....
....some deep and meaningful sculptures.....all made from terracotta.....

....you wouldn't want this falling on your toes...it weighs a ton!......
....how did she get in here? My sister's dog, Missy....she's a big 'un...the dog, not my sister!....

.....you've seen this before but it's just too pretty to leave out this year ....and also Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman caused quite a stir a couple of weeks ago when they were filming right outside for their new film 'The Railway Man'....

.....my Mother's little vignette for Her Maj!

....and to top the day off...

....fish and chips overlooking the best view in the World (in my very humble opinion!)...the tall chimney on the left belongs to the local Power Station where the exhibition was held and where most of the indoor pics were taken....a great venue ....and that's Arthur's Seat in the middle and directly to the right, Edinburgh Castle....all-in-all, a Very Fine Day indeed....hope you're all enjoying your lo-o-o-n-n-g, leisurely weekend....
brilliant, isn't it?
Thanks Queenie! x
ps didn't you love all those hats on the Flotilla today even in all that rain, a stunning sight?
Sounds like the most lovely weekend, and Colin Firth is my biggest celebrity crush, I would run away with him in a second.
ReplyDeleteMeredith
I love the little kitties with proper cats' eyes and the embroidered washday scene too. I had a walk with my son and borrowed dog and met dog walkers from a rescue home I didn't know about -terrier dogs with behaviour probs- have signed up to walk some! Watched the queen on telly Kate looked so lovely and the queen looked like she was really enjoying it all. Street party today, our bunting is up. Isnt it great to have all these days off!
ReplyDeleteOh Nana you live in the most glorious place....and some people are so talented aren't they? Lovely dog too....
ReplyDeleteSo many wonderful things to see......and did you really pop that man in the picture by accident...hehe
ReplyDeleteI had fish and chips yesterday too, Halibut it was our annual fish fry at church, so good!
I love your sisters dog, what a bundle of love.....Have a great week Momma!
Wow, great arts festival, would have loved to see it for real. Love Missy, a big, long haired dog, go well with my boys, well in the looks department anyway, lol. Sounds like you're enjoying your long weekend, long may it continue, love Shaz x
ReplyDeleteWow, these photos are amazing, Im with Meredith,I would also leaver home for Colin Firth
ReplyDelete