Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Part Two....or 'Nana Gets Arty-Farty'!........

........continuing on with the Arts Festival (stop yawning at the back!) I saw some seriously good artwork today.........well I liked it anyway, see what you think................
.....these are from the hands of a very well-known local artist called John Bellany...this one above is of his wife, Helen..............

........a Fishwife waiting.......
....for the boats to come in......
........someone having a bad (hair)day!......
........a little bit about the artist....best zoom in first!
........and now for something completely different!.....not sure what these are, I just liked them.....

.....and this was done on the doors of our local scrapyard...
.........do you think she's fallen asleep with her headphones on?
....the background reminds me of a patchwork quilt or a crocheted blanket.......and finally.....

...there's a joke in there somewhere....I'll leave that up to you!
Enjoy
x

Thank You for your kindness in commenting......it's not so bad this blogging lark!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting art you have found. I actually like the scrapyard doors the best and the red organ is lovely - I would like that for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these local arts festivals, there are so many talented people out there. I also like the letters and numbers things, are they boat numbers do you think? anyway I like them.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite is the boat picture under the fishwife. Great colours. I rather like the group of four abstract/number paintings too. Would look good in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx