Saturday, 28 September 2013

Another Bit of a Do......

.........best describes the day which is about to unfold at work because for the last six months, there's been a.........
......being carefully planned with almost military precision.....and finally this week.....

.......the marquees went up......


.....the flowers arrived........
......lots of chairs were piled high......

....the lighting and sound systems were checked and double-checked......
........the glitterball was strategically placed, ready to throw out its tiny sparkles on the merry revellers who will be dancing the night away underneath it later on in the evening.....
...and of course, there will be cake!....
.....thankfully, the real bride and groom are a lot better-looking than these two characters!....and I won't pretend it's been easy these last couple of weeks, getting the house and garden ready for the upcoming nuptials.... it's been a tough old slog alright....but I won't go on about how exhausted I've been otherwise you may get the impression I'm old and doddery (not quite yet but getting there!)....so I'm off to have a bit of preening and make myself look presentable to enjoy the day, as a guest and not as an employee, I hasten to add.....perks of the job? and in the meantime, I'll leave you with these two and their little tune which appropriately describes the kind of day I'm going to have!
Have a great weekend, Everyone.
Ta Ta for now
xxx


7 comments:

  1. It sounds like so much fun. I hope you are wearing something fantastic and you enjoy every moment of the festivities.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Nana....you're getting the chance to get all sassied up and party eh? well enjoy! You must deserve a rest now...who on earth do you work for? or is it a business you work for? I'm guessing it's Scottish posh folk? Anyhoo have a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am so far behind in my favorite blogs, that I am a bit confused as to what is going on? Who's wedding? It is all bound to be lovely though. So kick off your heels, and dance the night away my friend. Old? Us? NEVAH!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun cake - I don't doubt you have worked your socks off and the real work will begin when they all leave and you have the clearing up to do - but hope you have had lots of fun along the way, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a huge job! I'm sure it was a beautiful affair, but I'm so glad my wedding is well behind me! I hope you had a great time and had a chance to just enjoy and relax. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just know its going to be a fabulous day!
    I can't wait for more pictures....and I love High Society! Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx