Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Bunged Up!....

....thought I'd managed to escape the dreaded lurgy which is doing the rounds but unfortunately, it's finally caught up with me.........my throat feels like I've been swallowing glass and I have a tissue stuffed up each nostril to stop the drips and all accommpanied by a very unattractive and hacking cough!Not a pretty sight!
 Never mind, it brings a good excuse to do nothing more than anaesthetise myself with some awful daytime tv and a little crafty business....
....I finally invested in one of those dinky little pom-pom makers and took inspiration from here. Thanks Michelle. Then I tried out a really nice pattern which I found here, though mine don't look so neat and there seem to be holes where there shouldn't be!I'm blaming my delirium on that one!
....and still the ends to weave in....oh, those ends! but I liked using the variegated yarn...
 for the colours it produced and the way that the percentage of wool in it feels soft and cosy on the hands.....good enough for me anyway.
Seems like the whole world's gone Christmas Shopping, except me - I'm very disorganised this year and if I don't get my elf suit on in a hurry, I'm going to be chasing my tail. I even received a Christmas parcel from NZ the other day which is making me feel very guilty indeed because I haven't even finished making the stuff to be sent there! Oh dear :-( 

How are your Christmas plans coming along?Have you started/finished your shopping yet?

To all who are celebrating Thanksgiving Day, have a good one.
Bye for now and thanks to all who visited last time.
xxx

12 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry you are feeling badly, and hope you recover soon. Christmas does seem to creep up on you doesnt it? No mater how many lists I make I always seem a bit overwhelmed at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are feeling icky, take care of yourself, and I hope that you are back on top form very soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame that you have been hit by the illness that seems to be doing the rounds. Lots of hot drinks, rest...and big box of tissues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you are not feeling tip top, hopefully with a bit of rest and some crochet you will be feeling perfect very soon. I am moving along on the Christmas creating, but the shopping and decorating are not moving anywhere. I hope to rectify the decorating today, and next week I am getting that darned shopping going.
    hugs to you and feel better,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your scratchy throat is better today. A Pom Pom maker ... Would make things go quicker, for sure.

    No shopping here..online is about all I do except groceries. I can get lost in these food stores though, what with all the varieties of produce and other imported things that look so exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well soon - don't worry about overseas gifts, good old Amazon and internet to the rescue! Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon! Sending lots of healing hugs! Jille xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is reminding me at the moment about the pom pom rug I started sometime this year and abandoned... as I am ill too at the moment, pom poms are a good thing to make as they require no concentration. Hope you are over the worst of it x ps love the wrist warmers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://meetmeatmikes.com/2013/12/simple-pompom-advent-calendar/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, I hope you're feeling better soon. Your yarn is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do hope you're feeling better now x

    I'm far too busy to worry about Christmas here, but it will happen, it always does, even if it's all a bit last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are feeling better now. Are the pom pom makers easy and quick to use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx