...and her cute little face with very pink cheeks.....
....and here she is in all her pink and fluffy glory, all the way from Cornwall where my swap partner from my pal Betty's recent Christmas Fairy/Angel Swap, the lovely Elizabethd happens to live, so little Miss Pretty in Pink Angel has travelled a long,long way to get here. She'll be having a little rest before her spell atop my Xmas Tree, which isn't going up for at least another week since I seem to be in complete denial that Christmas is hurtling towards us like a runaway train. Best shake a tail-feather asap, eh?
So Thank You so much Elizabeth for being my swap partner and I promise to send the wings which I completely forgot to pack with the Angel I sent to you.
Want to see what Elizabeth's Angel looks like.....
......I think she's gone a bit overboard with the 'trout-pout'!....
....and her feet are strictly for dancing!....
....and she loves her hair worn up in a ponytail and tied with a piece of glitzy ribbon....
....and her wings are rather fluffy (as Elizabeth will soon find out when I send them on to her)....
so all-in-all, she's a pretty neat Angel and I hope Elizabeth likes her as much as I loved knitting her for the swap.
If you fancy making one yourself,
this is the book where I found the patterns and next, I'll be making one of these weird and wonderful creations for my niece - who has specifically requested a 'Goth Doll' - not my cuppa tea exactly but if that's what she wants, who am I to argue?
********************
In other news, it's been a stormy old day here today and it's set to continue for a couple of days and I hear on the news that the rest of the country is to follow suit, so if the storms and floods are raging where you are, please take care and I hope that you stay warm and dry.
***********
Thanks awfully for leaving your WONDERFUL comments on my last post - you're an incredible bunch and I appreciate every word.
*************
Goodnight All.
xxxxx











Glad your feeling better and what a darling little angel....Heidi
ReplyDeleteWell, Scottish Angel is very settled here, thank you! I think I will call her Flora.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice swap to do, everyone is so different and equally charming!
I love your knitted angel she is absolutely fabulous!! I can't wait to see your pink angel on top of your tree once you are out of your christmas denial phase xx stay safe in the bad weather x
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I haven't made mine yet! Yikes! I had better do it this weekend. I love seeing yours!
ReplyDeleteit's so much fun doing swaps at christmas isn't it. The angels all look very cute! xx
ReplyDeleteNana I'm glad you're feeling better...and hope that you are warm and dry.......and don't panic about being behind in getting Xmassy....I have no idea about presents yet this year...and Xmas is almost here! How are the wedding plans coming along? x
ReplyDeleteThe angels are so wonderful, I love how creative you both were. What a perfect swap! Sure hope you are feeling better and that you stay safe in this big storm. I heard three people have dies because of it, how horrible right before the Holiday's.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Meredith
Love your fairy, as I have said before. Your swap angel is lovely too. We just had one stormy day yesterday. Stay warm x
ReplyDeleteI love them both! Elizabeth's is so cute and frothy and yours, well! she has character and style, I love her little woolly feet! dinky. I posted my fairy today to my partner Hannah after much fiddle faddle with the dress. Betty
ReplyDeleteI love them both! What a beautiful swap theme, I'm sure everyone got a gorgeous gift. Enjoy your new lovely friend. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that Elizabeth has called your angel, Flora. It's perfect for such a jaunty, red-lipped character.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you have been poorly x
Such super sweet angels, what a great swap :-)
ReplyDelete