This year's Olympic skating seemed to be more about the technical side of the performance and less about the music, which was a little disappointing but nevertheless, the thrills and spills (some of them very sore-looking spills too!)of the whole championships were still rivetting. Sometimes that old centrifugal force played havoc with looking suave and sophisticated......
.......ooohhh, looks painful!....
.......and sometimes the excitement of waiting for your results gets too much!
.....and what better way to accompany all of the above but sitting on one's posterior clicking away with the needles......
....on a test-knit for Liz over on Ravelry....a nice, easy back and forth, to-ing and fro-ing, gentle rhythmic garter stitch pattern which will be available to buy soon, keep a lookout for it, it's a very versatile style which suits just about everyone. Thanks, Liz for letting me test for you. It was a lot of fun...
I added my own 'go faster' Olympic stripes!
*****
What was your favourite Olympic Event?
Good Sunday to You All and many,many thanks for all those lovely,lovely comments and sincere apologies if I haven't got back to you yet. I will.
xxx
All Olympic pics attributable to Google









Hello Anne... I haven't been watching the Olympics. I like the look of your jumper. I'm trying hard to get back to making my quilt. It's a bit blustery here today.... hope you are OK and staying warm xxx
ReplyDeleteAm loving those go faster stripes!
ReplyDeleteI love the skating, too! You must be a fast knitter, Nana!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a good knitter I am not surprised you were asked to test that pattern, the result looks very professional. Favourite event for me was the snow boarding - it looks so exciting, I would love to have a go. Betty x
ReplyDeleteI did not see any of the ice skating, seems every time I turned on the TV it was curling! Love the test knit, I may have to make that one when it is available.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Meredith
I haven't seen any of the skating this time around, but it looks as though it was fun! Your jumper looks great and I love the go faster stripes, hope that you enjoy wearing it. xx
ReplyDelete