Sunday, 2 March 2014

Comfortably Numb.......



It's come to my notice that I may be ill. The ultrasound scan which I had a couple of weeks ago has thrown up something rather nasty and for which I need to have a major operation this week. I'm writing this in the hope that through the power of collective thought, a miracle will happen and I can walk away from the hospital at the end of the week and never look back. Normally, I would want to keep this sort of thing private but I seriously need all the help I can get at the moment so here I am.

I'm sorry if this seems shocking and upsetting to some of you but life can be like that sometimes, it's certainly not all cupcakes and crochet at the moment and believe me when I say that I've faced some rather large obstacles in my time but this latest one beats 'em all. So for those of you who have faith, I wouldn't mind you throwing a couple of prayers, 'insh-allahs', gesuntites or whatever else you've got, my way and let's hope for the best outcome to this sorry episode.

All my love to you lovely folk out there and may I bring you some good news soon.

Nana xxx

16 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my prayers for successful surgery and healing! Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Platitudes are not want you want or need I suspecT
    suffice to " say"
    Here's a big welsh hug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps
    Sending a collective Ukrainian village vibe too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am sorry to hear that Nana gogo, and yes I said a little prayer for you that the doctors hands will be guided to perform a miracle.. Sometimes it is a comfort to know that people all around the world are thinking of you and praying that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually pray but I'll pray for you and cross all my fingers and toes too.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in my thoughts, Nana. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I'm hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Nana.....I am so sorry and will certainly pray for you.........there is power in prayer and also entreating mother universe to assist...keep well ..love to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red34\green34\blue34;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

    \f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Oh nana, life's such a bitch at times isn't it, I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this but you are in my thoughts and I'm wishing with all my heart that your operation goes well and you can kick this nasty illness in the butt, keep smiling lovely lady and know that your friends in blog land are always here whether you want to talk about cupcakes and crochet or the crappy stuff life throws at you xx sending you a huuuge hug xx Tracy xx}

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are often in my thoughts and prayers - but more than ever this week. Love, hugs and blessings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers are winging their way upwards and my thoughts are with you very much old buddy, big hugs through cyberspace - Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no so sorry to read this, I will keep you in my thoughts and send you love and light! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holding you in prayer, Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heart sank to read this. You are so very much in my prayers! I believe in the power of prayer and positive thinking! May you know that there are many, all around this great big world, praying for your health.
    Big hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to hear you are going through this Anne. You are in my thoughts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Anne, not what I expected to read when I popped over for a long overdue visit!!
    So sorry you're going through this, I can imagine how you are feeling, health issues can be worrying.
    But stay strong and be positive. I'll be praying for you and expecting a great outcome. I most certainly
    believe in miracles having experienced them first hand.........

    Sending love and hugs from Oz,

    Claire XXX


    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi..only just seen this....all my love and thoughts to you.
    Hope the op goes well and all will be well again
    Huge hugs txx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx