Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Panorama.............

.......no, not the BBC programme of the same name but rather a much-needed chance to get outdoors and savour the beauty of the day........

..........and it was indeed a spectacular day yesterday - the sky really was that blue.....

........though there was clear evidence of just how bitingly cold it still is with the crisp,hard ground underfoot..... but then again, this is  January.......

........but the sheep don't mind the cold - why would they with all that glorious fleece to keep them snug as bugs in sheepskin rugs!
.....nor do the horses mind when their thick and hairy coats keep out the coldest draughts...........
.......nor does my walking companion mind as he negotiates the climb up the hill
......then waits patiently for me to catch up at the bottom.....

......he's a very good boy and we love our morning walks......
......with their pretty views.......then it's a short ramble through the fields.....
........and past some very tall trees which were lucky enough to escape the damage inflicted on some of their neighbours by the destructive effects of last week's 'mini-hurricanes'....hard going in those winds and the sounds were quite spooky as the wind whistled through the tops of the trees....
......and here we are back at work just in time for.....
....yep, you guessed it.....it's 'Marmalade Time' again! Oh joy!It's a hard job but somebody's got to do it!
Isn't it good to stop the world for a short time, get off and regroup in the in-between days when the weather is being kind....certainly works for me.
xxx
Hope you're all having a splendid week and thank you all so much for calling in to say 'hello'. Wouldn't be the same without you.
xxxoooOOOoooxxx



13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful walk you must have had Nana...so picturesque.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely walk and a very handsome dog. It's nice just to be able to regroup for a few minutes during the day isn't it. Hope your well.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to take a walk, lucky you! Oh yes marmalade time, you've reminded me I need to pay a visit to the farm shop. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you! You walk the dog AND make marmalade? WHAT a nice helper you are! I hope you are well, sweet friend! LOVELY photos! I enjoyed each one so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, my friend, hello. The skies look gorgeous and glad you missed damage from the winds.

    Home made marmalade, wow. Just the time for sugary and citrussy goodness on scones.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to live where I could go out for a walk and see sheep grazing, that would be bliss.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful post Anne ... thanks for sharing your walk with me :-) Your countryside is just beautiful, I do enjoy those clear crisp days. Your walking companion is also beautiful, look at those eyes. I love homemade marmalade but must confess have never made it myself. Have a great week dear friend x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne, in photo 8 he looks like a lion!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your walk is beautiful but looks bitterly cold - I imagine you were wearing quite a few layers! I bet it smells delicious with marmalade cooking. Hope that's all you have to do this week, stir marmalade and walk with the dog. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nana, your walk looks really beautiful. I hope you were bundled up nice and warm. Have fun with that marmalade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful panoramas!! It is wonderful just to look at the sky isn't it. I am looking out right now, as I type and it is beautiful. I hope that you enjoyed the marmalade making! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it really a year since the last marmalade time?! Didn't you enter a competition last time - and won, or was highly commended? Either way, I remember a certificate.
    So lovely to see your photos too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a handsome dog, and his beautiful canine soul shines through x

    Gorgeous wintry images.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx