I don't know what I did to deserve it but this week I have been the lucky recipient of some lovely gift-giving, almost from all over the Globe (well, England, Australia and New Zealand at least!). Firstly, I started off the blogging year by participating in a swap hosted by Tracy@Madaboutbags and I was partnered with my good old friend Jille (the last time we were 'swappees' was 7 years ago!!). Although Jille told me that she'd posted my parcel out at the beginning of last week, I waited and waited for the Postman but nothing had arrived by the end of the week and I was beginning to worry that the package had gone astray.......or so I thought.....then I just happened to be shifting things around today and shoving the overspill from the boxroom to the garden shed, when there, just inside the door, was a nice little package from England!!The Postman had obviously decided, in his infinite wisdom and without instruction from me, to deposit my parcel inside the shed, probably hoping that I would discover it eventually because after all, normally I would be in and out of the shed at all hours of the day and night for one thing or another so no point in leaving a little note to actually let me know there was something there waiting to be discovered!! I shall be having a word!! Anyhoot, it took me ages to unwrap everything that Jille sent me because she went over and above the call of the swap and was very generous to me, indeed. Here's what she sent me...
.......beautiful wrapping paper......
.....my candlestick was just waiting to be adorned with this pretty wooden heart hanging.....I love it...
.... and another lovely heart hanging looks great here....
... and just look at this lovely little angel cosy which Jille made for me....
...what a cheery wee face she has...
....and I love the stitching on her wings...
....this ladle likes hanging in the kitchen!
....and this pretty pincushion (more of Jille's clever handiwork) is too pretty to stick pins into!
...I've stashed the chocolate hearts from prying eyes!!
...and there's more....
....a really pretty packet of sewing bits 'n bobs....
....and these will definitely come in handy for my frozen fingers on a cold and frosty morning....
....as well as my feet inside my boots should the dreaded snow eventually turn up!
....and my new bunny rabbit (a bunny's not just for Easter, you know!) loves holding his new cutesy scented heart.
....this ladle likes hanging in the kitchen!
So all in all, I think Jille was very kind to me with all this goodness and I love everything that she sent to me so a HUGE thanks to her for putting it all together with such thoughtfulness and also thanks to Tracy for hosting the swap. If you'd like to see what I sent to Jille, you could pop over to hers and have a look.
Angel is very happy in her new home.
xoxoxoxoxo
I'll show you the rest of my haul next time.
xoxoxoxoxo
Thanks to all you lovely people who called in last time and left such heartening comments.
You're really a lovely bunch. I can't say that enough.
xoxoxox
Have a Good Week.
xoxoxo
ps As for the Gilmore Girls, well I finally reached the end of the story and I'm missing them already (although I've watched 'A Year in the Life' but I'm not too enamoured with it so far!).
ps As for the Gilmore Girls, well I finally reached the end of the story and I'm missing them already (although I've watched 'A Year in the Life' but I'm not too enamoured with it so far!).
What a wonderful parcel. You are very lucky indeed. I am on season 4 and I can tell already I am going to be plenty depressed when it is over. I might have to watch Parenthood again and then Gilmore Girls again just to see what I missed with their rapid speech. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteLovely gifts, NGG!
ReplyDeleteI felt the same way when I finished Gilmore Girls😩.
Love all the goodies you received Anne ...love that little spotty angel soooo much :-)
ReplyDeleteI havent seen the Gilmore Girls, am going to have to try and find them as clearly have been missing out! Lovely swap, don't seem to be many in blogland these days. I love your little bunny and also your beautiful wallpaper which I couldn't help noticing in the background. Your swap partner made some very pretty pieces for you. Lovely to see you blogging more. Bettyx
ReplyDelete