Monday, 19 June 2017

Rambling.......

Driving to work, trying not to listen to the news on the radio, not because I don't care but rather because it would be all too easy to be overwhelmed and suffocate under the weight of things which are totally outwith a normal person's control, so all a normal person can do in the meantime is get on with 'normal' things.....like appreciating the beautiful summer sky overhead and really,really noticing the cloud formations and how natural they look against the liquid blue background.....




This fluffy marshmallow peony has to be my favourite this year. I haven't enhanced the pics in any way. This is how they come straight from my simple little camera (I don't own one of those all-singing, all-dancing new mobile phones. The camera on my phone doesn't even work!).

Then, mid-morning, it's time to walk the dogs and today, we changed our route and went around the barley field. By this time, the clouds were forming but it was still warm and perfect for walking in, unlike the last couple of days with their steaming heat, of which I'm not a fan!

My trusty companion always waits for me to catch up. We're both getting older, you know!
Then, from the corner of my eye, I was aware of something moving amidst the barley and up popped Bambi!! She was so close to us and seemed to be watching us very carefully before she took off for the nearby woods.
This is the dog who thought he could outrun a deer! Thank goodness, she got away from him.

Here is my 'dream home'. A derelict little cottage which is just waiting to be loved by someone lucky enough to buy her and fix her up. Unfortunately, that won't be me but a girl can dream!
Then it's back down the hill and homeward bound, stopping to admire the elderflowers in abundance amongst the hedgerows.

And the brambles will be ready soon.
Lots of sheep were in the fields nearby but they've been rounded-up and herded off to pastures new, leaving behind lots of these little bundles of fleece, amongst other things!!


x0x0x0x0x0x0

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery & pictures Anne. What a gorgeous little Cottage .... I would want to give that a new lease on life too I think. Love Bambi .. how perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Julie. I'm lucky that I live in such a beautiful county, just wish it was in a different house!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photographs. The Peonies are simply gorgeous in their frothiness.
    We saw a deer running through the fields on our walk last week. They are always a delight to see. Even more so for a dog!
    Your dream home would be mine too. Ahh well, we can always dream.
    Have a lovely week. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. The opening lines to your post reflect what I was trying to say in one of my recent ones Nana..but you put the sentiment so beautifully...and those flowers are just gorgeous! Is walking the countryside with your dogs during the day part of your job? what a great one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog-walking is not compulsory but it gets me out of the house for a while and it's nice to do it on a lovely day. Not so much in the winter, so I don't offer so frequently!

      Delete
  4. Yes, I find myself doing exactly the same thing. It's all a little too much at the moment isn't it? Love the pics though, especially that deer!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Miss Cherry Heart. Thank goodness for crochet and knitting to relieve the stress, eh??

      Delete
  5. Peonies are wonderful cheer bringers! What a gorgeous countryside! No wonder the deer prance!
    Aw, Nana Go Go, you are the best and most squishy hearted friend. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Pom and getting squishier by the day since I've recently discovered Mocha Flavoured Kit-Kats!

      Delete
  6. Oh, and that little cottage! Adorable! You would fit just right in that little cozy spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I did enjoy that walk with you, Nana. The marshmallow peony is gorgeous. We seems to do well growing roses in our garden - hopeless with other flowers but roses we have plenty! Hope all is well with you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Trish, how fab to 'see' you here. You're not coming up on my Blogroll for some reason so I'll go and rectify that now.See you soon. xx

      Delete
  8. I love that little cottaage, if only ....!!! we get some deer around here, they are always very nervous and hard to photograph, you did well to catch such a good picture of yours. The only wildlife here this week has been gigantic spiders taking residence in the boys untidy bedrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flippin' deer was stalking me!!!lol Oh yes, the spiders. Loads of them here too!

      Delete
  9. I so agree with you, the news is so oppressive. I can't bury my head in the sand even though I would like to. Maybe just knit and not listen to the news at all! Your walk sounds wonderful, wish I was there along side you catching up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mer, good to 'see' you here. It would be delightful to have you come along on a walk. Such larks we would have!xxx

      Delete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx