Monday, 18 December 2017

Countdown to Christmas........

Well, it's that time of year again. Time for making 'to-do' lists, shopping, cooking,wrapping,posting and as the Big Day draws closer, perhaps it's time for panicking too if things aren't going according to plan.

Personally, for me, I'm keeping everything a lot more low-key and simplistic this year (my boys are doing the in-laws Christmas Day this year so not so much urgency for me in the preparation department, at least not until New Year's Day, when it's my turn to host the family, the best bit of the Festive Season for me if I'm completely honest, it makes me feel like a proper Mum again, for a little while at least).  So I've only brought out the minimum of Christmas decorations (I'm now beyond the annual hauling-of-all-things-Xmassy-down- from-the-attic, preferring to keep a few of the nicer bits and pieces to hand in the boxroom, where they're more easily accessible for an old biddy like me!) and as for shopping, I've done most of it online, I truly can't bear the traffic and the crowds, so if all things go swimmingly, I should be in receipt of the last of my gifts for giving by tomorrow at the latest and hopefully, by the end of the week everything should be wrapped and ready to go to their respective recipients on Christmas Day.


How are your plans shaping up?
x0x0x0x0

15 comments:

  1. I have no money to spend which makes Christmas refreshingly pared back. There is a client due to pay me on the 30th but she thinks her baby may be early which would mean early payment so I might be grabbing a few things in an almighty rush at the end of the week.
    Your starry light is gorgeous, elegant!

    Enjoy your New Years in mum mode, it will be good to have everyone around you

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Here we are counting down excitedly till the kids arrive late wednesday.WE get them for 6 days! We'd like snow, thank you ,, after they arrive. They want to see their cousins so we are hosting an open house on the 23rd. It will be busy. Then our own 4 of us family for 24 and 25. So looking forward to it all. It will all get done. I am promising myself to knit daily and not get worked up over the open house! Twill be fine

    ReplyDelete
  3. your wreaths are pretty impressive! Wishing you lots of family get together, christmas cheer and happiness not to mention all good things for 2018, thanks for being a great blogging buddy, Betty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being my pal back, Betty. Happy Christmas to You and Yours. xxx

      Delete
  4. Stopping in to say hello and wishing you a Merry Christmas. I will be better about reading blogs in future. It has been almost a year since that was my habit. We lost our beloved Julie in November and it has been a battle since then, but God is good and life goes on. I was glad she went before me for many reasons, although we grieve for her. Have a good new year. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy and thanks for replying to my email. Blessings to you and yours at this poignant time. xxx

      Delete
  5. You are a proper Mum everyday my friend. I am glad you are keeping it simple, I tried but then got carried away yet again. I have it all bought and some of it wrapped. That is on my to do list for later today and tomorrow. Merry Christmas Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Dearest Meredith. Happy Christmas to You and Your Lovely Family. xoxox

      Delete
  6. Hi sweet friend! Oh, I wish you could come to our house for Christmas!
    Please put your feet up and rest! YOU are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your friendship Nana.....have a wonderful Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for yours, Libs. Special Day to you too.xoxo

      Delete
  8. Your plans sound so very sensible! Have a wonderful time, enjoy the festive period!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sens. Hope you're time is wonderful too.xoxo

      Delete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx