Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Some more `makes`

I made this Thistle cushion cover using an upcycled Ikea cushion cover, pieces from my grandaughter`s felted hoodie again, some little bits of Harris Tweed and a pretty piece of tartan. I also added some frou-frou feathers and the cutest little tartan hearts which I inset with some vintage buttons - I think it looks more like a pineapple than a thistle!
I loved the turquoise bead which was the inspiration for the colour scheme of this Harris Tweed Heart which is also filled with lavender from my garden.
I just loved the herringbone pattern of this piece of Harris Tweed which I made into a heart and the self-coloured Harris Tweed complements it perfectly. I added a cute little thistle too. The heart is also lavender -filled.

4 comments:

  1. The corsage brooch, first pic top left of page, was made using a gorgeous piece of Harris Tweed, some faux silk upcycled leaves and is sprinkled with some pretty beads. The floral centre was knitted for a tea cosy I was knitting but didn`t finish....well, what d`you know! I added the feather at the request of my sister who knicked the brooch for her friend`s birthday present (when I say `nicked`, I mean she asked me for it but didn`t actually pay me any money for it even though all of my items are advertised for sale elsewhere!)That`s sisters for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your blog is coming along well - are you Scottish? you certainly like all things Scottish! don't send me a knitted haggis for our swap, will you!!! (only joking). What a good idea recycling hot wash disasters! I could do that as my machine is randomly selecting its own programs (waiting for repair on Saturday), there's a good chance I may have something felted by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I like the turqoise on Harris tweed - my favourite stone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have given the Harris Tweed Heart with the turquoise stone to my swap partner, Betty aka Mrs Yappy Dog. She admired it so much and I amended it to include some little beads in her favourite colours. She was over-the-moon with it and I`m so glad it`s gone to such a lovely new home and to someone so appreciative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx