Since the birth of my beautiful grandaughter last year, I`ve developed a real obsession with the colour pink! As opposed to when my boys were small and everything had to be in varying shades of blue! I`ve even extended the penchant to buying a `Barbie` pink swing bin for the kitchen, no less.
Anyway, here are some of the pink peonies from last year`s pickings from my garden. I planted a paler pink one last autumn and it`s budding beautifully now - can`t wait until it`s in full bloom later on. I love my peony roses in all shapes and sizes, they`re so big and blousy and great bloomers - bit like their owner! It`s a great time of year to be outdoors but even if you`re not lucky enough to have a garden, you can still grown all sorts of things on your windowsill in any kind of container - you don`t need to rush out and buy expensive plastic pots either. Recycle all your used yoghurt pots and sew your tomato seeds in them to start with before you transplant them to their bigger pots which they`ll need once they really get going. I`ve just sewn my runner beans in cardboard egg boxes which make great plugs for seedlings and which can then be plonked in their bigger pots where they`ll grow and grow and wind themselves around anything (I use a wicker obelisk) they can get a grip of, producing pretty little flowers before the big fat beans come along for harvesting. Broad beans are great for this too and don`t forget your Sweet Peas - I love their pastel colours and the flowers are so attractive. Enjoy!
Sunday, 2 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Moving Day
...in Blogland. My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx
-
pic courtesy of Google So, this month celebrates not only a 'significant' birthday for me (numbers ending in 5 are equally sign...
-
I love art, although I don't know how or when I became a huge fan of anything drawn, painted or made with great skill since I myself ca...
I love pink too - pink, pale green and purple would be my perfect co-ordinated wardrobe and garden ... I have almost no pink in my house as three men outvote me! there might be some pink in the garden this summer though - I hadn't thought of doing beans - I was just thinking beans and not enough room to grow a plateful - but the flowers of course are lovely - hope it's not too late to put some in pots now!
ReplyDeleteBetty - now`s the right time for beans - I`ve started mine off on the kitchen windowsill until they really get going and the weather`s warmer - then I put them round the `wigwam`. The forecast for tonight here is a touch of ground frost and the rest of the week is to be cold so indoor planting only for me! Have fun.
ReplyDelete