Thursday, 28 October 2010

Autumn Leaves.......and Winter`s not far behind!

Up there`s my Acer Japonica and down here too.........



It doesn`t look too much in these pics but the colours this year are quite fabulous and uplifiting even on the gloomiest of days. It sits quite happily just outside my dining room window where it`s been since I first planted it as a sapling almost 10 years ago - in fact it`s all you can see when you sit at the table because it takes up the whole view! My friend remarked yesterday that we should sit with the lights out on Halloween and listen to the branches scraping against the glass and watch the shadows cast by the leaves on the window....spooky enough! I wish I could draw and paint because my tree`s just perfect at the moment for capturing on canvas. Now if my good friend Betty - take a peek at her new blog here - http://imaginarybrushstrokes.blogspot.com/2010/10/autumn-equinox.html were around she`d make a cracking job of putting it to silk. Have a look at her work - it really is remarkable - like visiting your own little private art gallery. Enjoy ......and Scary Halloween to You All.....oh, and remember to leave the lights on before you go to sleep!xxx

5 comments:

  1. I love acer's too, they have such amazing colours! Ours died in the cold last winter, maybe we'll get some more next year! Have a spooky Halloween! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. An acer is so so beautiful....enjoy halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love an acer in my garden..the colour is amazing....luckily my neighbour has one so I get the benefit in a way.The colours in your banner leaves are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for dropping by! I shall be going out to buy a card reader which I think that I will keep well hidden from the camera lead fairies!
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I absolutely love fall weather!!! And the gorgeous fall colors are the best! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx