At the other end of the scale, my two boys clubbed together and got me a Kindle, which I haven`t taken a pic of because I`m considering chucking it from the nearest window! Don`t get me wrong, I really appreciate the trouble they went to and the thought behind it and I would NEVER tell them that the Kindle and me aren`t really getting along! I suppose it`s just a matter of giving it a chance and getting used to it. I have to say, though that I really like the whole concept of visiting my local library, choosing my books and getting them home and diving in! The Kindle, for me personally, just doesn`t have the same appeal but I`ll keep you updated with my progress.
I took part in the Pillow Swap organised by Corry and Heleen over at http://dutch-sisters.blogspot.com/. My partner was the lovely Alice from http://aliceinhobbyland.blogspot.com/ who is the most talented seamstress and knitter - take a look at her creations, they really are beautiful. Anyway, this is what Alice sent me as part of the swap and I must say, I have never owned such a beautiful piece of embroidery and now it`s mine to keep and treasure always......
....she`ll be 17 in April! I think I better get on the case and get it finished for my Grandaughter!Doesn`t time fly?!....
and while I was poking about the attic, putting away the Xmas decs and all the while balancing precariously on my new step-ladders, I found these...
....a little wallhanging which is approximately 20 years old now and was my first ever attempt at Welsh Quilting (all done by hand, I may add) at my then Patchwork and Quilting Group (I had to give it up when I developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, an occupational hazard for crafters unfortunately).....
....and then I uncovered this little beauty which I bought many years ago but never really had the opportunity to use, mainly because it`s so old and precious, I didn`t want to risk damaging it or exposing it to bright sunlight. It`s already suffered a little wear and tear in its lifetime so I`ve kept it wrapped in tissue in a box for all these years! I`m not sure exactly how old it is but I love the fabrics and the colours which have been used in the hexagons, especially the velvets and tartan. It would be great if anyone more knowledgeable than me could put a date on it.
Have a Great Week, y`all!
Back Soon.x
You had me in stitches I got dryer balls for Christmas, Don't ask!
ReplyDeleteI have missed your posts and I see you have been busy organizing see what one gift can lead to...
Have a great week, Momma
Harris Tweed is definitely in: they have it in Top Shop now, apparently!
ReplyDeleteI bought my dad a Sony e-reader as he is becoming increasingly disabled and couldn't turn the pages of a normal book. It was great for him for a while but now he can't manage it. I've been given it back. It's still in the box yet my lovely books by the bed are reaching out to me!
oooh now that is a special present...look at all those treasures you unearthed in the attic! Your quilt is beautiful, imagine how long it would have taken to make that, all those little hexagons!
ReplyDeleteI still have my first borns baby shoes....cute little blundstone boots...very fashionable these days :-) BTW i love the new look :-)
The hexagonal quilt is beautiful - there was a quilt exhibition at the V&A last year so you might find some information on their website (?)
ReplyDeleteWow, what treasures you found int he attic and amazing UFO's.
ReplyDeleteThat hexagon quilt is a stunner, too nice to keep packed away but too precious to use everyday. Nice to get it out every now and then and admire it.....
Still wondering what a Kindle is......... Never heard of one, my imagination is running away with all sorts of ideas!
Anne can you please send me an email about our Valentine's swap, I
need to know your likes and dislikes etc.
Thanks,
Claire :)
Hi Anne - didn't know you could do quilting, you are clever and your work is excellent. Sorry about the carpal tunnel - I had about a year of that and my hands would go numb then it stopped and went away. I love your blog background - lovely poppies - my favourite thing at the moment for no particular reason. By the way = my granny (who only wore purple)wore purple tartan - she was Macfarlan - would you know if it's a real tartan? I love all things tartan and have a lovely mohair shawl I wear to death. Betty x
ReplyDeleteLove the steps! I had saucepans!
ReplyDeleteJille x
Brilliant post Nana ..... thanks for dropping by my corner of blogland and you are a star with the advice about the card reader. I wish I had treasures like that in my loft .... I just seem to collect crap ;-)
ReplyDeleteMy, you are talented! and I do believe your moms gift was thoughtful and useful...but you are still owed a 'treat'!!
ReplyDeleteHi Nana,
ReplyDeleteYour hexagon quilt is amazing. Now a days the practical gifts are "in".
You have two very thoughtful "boys". You have done a wonderful job raising them.
*hugs*
Hi Nana! Sorry it's been so long since I emailed...blumin' hectic at the mo, but all good! Love your pressies but it would have to be real books for me every time, too! LOVE your new look blog design! I'm hoping that I can sit down with a glass of wine on Sat night and send you 'proper' email. Loads of love my friend. xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteah the boot is so cute. I have the exact same steps and I use them all the time x
ReplyDeleteHurray, my pillowcover turned up in your mailbox!! I was wondering if you would receive it eventually. Thank you for your compliments and i loved to read that you really loved it.
ReplyDeleteYour pillowcover will be used on the verandaseat, when the temperature is rising. I love your hexagonquilt.
Greetings from Alice
Wish my attic held treasures such as yours - mine is full of cardboard boxes (why?) and boys toys from over the years. I'll be Ok if I fancy tooting around with some Brio or Lego but no gorgeous fabric finds lurking in my attic I'm afraid. Kindle be damned, real books every time! xx
ReplyDeleteHi Nana, Yes. It was because of my dog the week was emotional. Also work has been sooo demanding too. (unreasonably so) As the week went on, it got better and better.
ReplyDeleteThank you for letting me know about the "cut and paste" not working for graphic.
I fixed them all and I have you to thank for that.
I usually test everything, but I got lazy. *oops*
Your a doll!
*hugs*
These steps are the cutest!
ReplyDeleteI threw the 3 sweet Nana notes in the big Giveaway hat, fingers crossed for YOU.
Have a sweet Sunday xxx
Thank you again for å beatiful comment on our blog. I am sorry I did not inform you that I used your comment. Your Norwegian was very easy to understand!
ReplyDeleteAs I wrote before, I don`t know how to make visible the button for the translator.
Oh my goodness! You crack me up woman! That pillow you received is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI got a Nook for Christmas (the Barnes & Noble equivalent to the Kindle) and I absolutely love it! You can still go to the library and devour books that way. But you also have the opportunity to get books at the touch of a button say...when you are buried under feet of snow and the library is closed due to the weather?? Fabulous Christmas darling!!!
Wishing you a very happy birthday, hope my gift arrived in time, enjoy yourself, Lucey xx
ReplyDelete