.....pick of the crop...but I better add that I didn`t grown them, they`re from The Work`s Garden, grown by The Big Hairy Gardener.....it`s a bit like having a dog but not actually having to bark yourself.....and a lot less work for me which I suppose makes me very lucky indeed! I also get to harvest loads of fruit and turn it into............and then I might go and collect some of these, laid by some new Chickadees, bought after Mr. Fox ran off with the old ones! I always wash and date the eggs but this one was so big, I couldn`t resist marking it accordingly!.....
....then the second batch of rasps (much bigger and sweeter than the ones earlier in the season) are ready for picking and jammin` - if they last that long - sooo tasty!...........then there`s always the odd cauli lurking around just waiting to come home with me!....but that`s enough of `Gardener`s Corner`.....let`s turn our attention to some lovely stuff before you get too.....
.......to pay anymore attention!
A few weeks ago, I was tuning into my great Bloggy Chum Shaz`s (aka TheShabbyChicBohemian) latest post to see what wonders she had performed in her very own inimitable and extremely artistic fashion, when I read that her next project was going to be an Indian themed journal. Well, it just so happened that my Sister was about to depart for a month to India, where she would be teaching in a villlage school near Mumbai and before you could say, Madhur Jaffrey, I had emailed Shaz and asked her if I might buy the Indian themed journal from her as a going away pressie for said Sister. She very kindly obliged and here are the fruits of her labour (no pun intended!)......
....continuing on with the `lovely stuff`, my other Best Blogging Buddy, Betty over at http://betty-thewoodfairy.blogspot.com/ is a fantastic silk painter and she sent me the dearest little lavender sachet which she made from some lovely silk covered in her beautifully painted roses...
I`m very lucky to know such gifted folks and for that I`m extremely grateful....just like I`ll be extremely grateful to you if you`ve managed to get to the end of this very looooooong post (that`s what I get for staying away so long!).
Until next time.......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Hey Anne, aren't you lucky being the recipient of all that beautiful fruit and veg. I do wish we could grow caulis like that, just beautiful..... Cant beat home grown produce and eggs too.
ReplyDeleteWonderful journal, all that attention to detail makes it so special. I hope your sister enjoys her time in India.
Gorgeous Lavender sachet too, just love those colours Betty used. I am in the process of stripping Lavender I have grown so I can make a few sachets for my stall. Must crack on and get it done or it will sit in the cupboard forever..........
Hope you are well,
Claire X
Dear Anne thankyou for posting on the little sachet - and even taking a colour themed picture, your 'work garden' is fabulous and the produce you get to enjoy is a very hard earned perk of the job I am sure! The journals are really unusual, what a gifted lady to make such individual things. So lovely to get a long newsy post long enough to take a cup of tea over! Bettyx
ReplyDeleteWhat a feast Nana......for the eyes and for the soul.....you and your friends are all very talented, and I must admit I feel a little like your mother with regard to journals...too pretty to write in!
ReplyDeletethat journal was incredible....I envy people with all that talent!
ReplyDeleteI laughed at your egg eek indeed!
I discovered we have an amazing patch of raspberry plants in the back yard now that we cut all of our trees down so I can't wait to fertilize them in the spring, fingers crossed, yours look perfect!
until next time Momma!
What a great post! So much eye candy I don't know what I liked the best but I have to say that journal is really lovely, your sister will treasure that! I laughed at the egg too. I have bantams so our eggs are really small or normal sized to me. When I have to buy some in the shop it is a shock, its like mutant chickens are laying those eggs they are so big the eggs!! Have a great weekend Anne :-)
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss this blog post???! Thanks for the comments on my little journal, you are a dear. I was just admiring your fab harvest and yummy photos, you are one lucky lass bring home this haul. I made the cheese and olive scones by the way, from that lovely book you sent me - they are fabulous and I still have a couple in the freezer. Would a good Sunday afternoon film be the right occasion to get them out?? I might see... Have a great weekend, what's left of it and I promise to be a better blogger and look what my friends are posting more regularly, lol
ReplyDelete