'The Thrill of What you Already Have' brings us to The Capital City of Scotland, nicknamed 'Auld Reekie' in days of old because of her soot-blackened buildings.
I'm resisting temptation to turn this post into an advert for 'Visit Scotland'! Many of you have probably visited Edinburgh and will know the cityscape and all its popular landmarks very well already so I've decided to narrate a little piece of my own history about Edinburgh. Hope you don't mind?...so here we go....are you sitting comfortably?
A lot of 'firsts' for me happened in this beautiful city. It's where I met my first 'serious' long-haired lover back in those trippy,hippy days. We spent a lot of time doing this...
,,,but the lippy,trippy,Hippy got a better offer from a Danish chick with an irresistable accent and legs which went up to her armpits.... so off he went to Copenhagen to live happily ever after!He always was a bit too liberal for my liking!
Anyway, he was very quickly replaced for a more sensible (in those days that was very rare!) specimen...
......who became my first (last and at this rate only!) husband....and thereafter we bought our first house in a leafy suburb of Edinburgh and which cost us lots of this on the first of each mortgage month....
......with very little left over for fripperies, even with two full-time wages coming in....
.....but hey, we were happy with our first set of old second-hand furniture,cooker,washing machine,old beat up sofas and chairs.....
.....and subsequently settled down for a life of married domestic bliss.....
......and pretty soon.....
....along came the first of our two sons......
...followed the year after by our first dog!...who was great friends with the neighbour's dog!.....and hey presto, our first (and only) little family was complete....for a while...
...unfortunately, not all fairytales end happily-ever-after but these recollections of 'firsts' have brought back some happier memories and have given me a little thrill of what I already had.....particularly in Edinburgh.
Thanks Floss.
Thanks Floss.
Happy Weekend, Everyone
xxx

Can I come play house with you or maybe the cowboy boots....He was telling me he went to Ireland a few years ago and I mentioned maybe Scotland next....hehe! when are you coming up here for a visit?
ReplyDeleteWhat a delightful dolls house, would love to have one like it! Interesting story too - thank you so much for the crochet for my room - it's beautiful treasure... will show in a post soon - colours are perfect. Bettyx
ReplyDeleteOh this was such a lovely post,I would love to Edinburgh, and hope to spend three months there next year, thank you for reminding me of it
ReplyDeletexx
I never did make it to Edinburgh, such a shame. I will one day though! :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, thanks for that glimpse into your history - I can see, as you say, that thinking back over these things is another way being grateful for what we have had - and I hadn't thought of it like that before! My brother in law has a couple of flats in Edinburgh (lives in one, rents the others...) but I don't think they are much like your first 'hovel'! I hope it's OK if I borrow one of your photos for my sidebar, please?
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely post Nana.....and never say never re husbands!
ReplyDeleteWho knows who will come into your life? Never say never lass! Loving your dolls house and figures, you always have just the right illustrations for your lovely posts x
ReplyDeleteFloss has made us think about so many things...I'm thoroughly enjoying this series!
ReplyDeleteJane x