....costs nothing, but gives much
It takes but a moment but the memory of it usually lasts forever.
None are so rich that can get along without it
And none are so poor but that can be made rich by it
It enriches those who receive, without making poor those who give.
It creates sunshine in the home,fosters goodwill in business
And is the best antidote for trouble
And yet, it cannot be begged,borrowed or stolen for it is of no value,
Unless it is given away.
Some people are too busy to give you a smile.
Give them one of yours
For the good Lord knows that no-one needs a smile so badly
As he or she who has no more smiles left to give.
Anne Pelham-Burn
A reading by the Bride's sister at the wedding I attended last weekend. Lovely, isn't it?
Enjoy x
Tuesday, 24 April 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Moving Day
...in Blogland. My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx
-
pic courtesy of Google So, this month celebrates not only a 'significant' birthday for me (numbers ending in 5 are equally sign...
-
I love art, although I don't know how or when I became a huge fan of anything drawn, painted or made with great skill since I myself ca...
Beautiful and so true. I enjoy smiling at people randomly in supermarkets, streets and dog walks! Your flower header is lovely, the wedding must have been spectacular.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely poem my favourite saying is If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours" it's work every time xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteDo sideways virtual smiles count Nana? :):):)xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi Anne, yes, it's a lovely poem. I was only talking about a particular smile yesterday and that smile was given to me 7 years ago and I still remember it clearly and I valued it then and I still value the memory of it :) Here's to the smile you've given me this wet and windy morning and to all the smiles we give today x
ReplyDeletePS Assuming the wedding went off well? and loving your new blue and yellow header!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely......Smile!
ReplyDeleteMust write more to you later when I have time....new man at church!!!
Quite distinguished.
Header is lovely Nana, as is the poetry and the sentiment x
ReplyDeleteA great reminder, thanks :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I am enjoying your lovely floral headers too.
left you something on todays blog x
ReplyDelete