Sunday, 17 June 2012

A Day At The Races.......

..........well, my outfit wasn't exactly the same as Eliza's but just as well because it rained relentlessly for the entire day, hence no pics....the conditions just weren't conducive or tempting enough for me to stand in the rain and click away! The good news is, I had a little flutter and won £1.50!Lucky me!It was a good day, despite the weather and was topped off in the evening by a lovely Indian meal which brought the colour back to my cheeks and thoroughly dried me out!
Before the rains came on Friday, the rest of the week had been glorious and I managed to snap away quite happily in the garden at work.......
......at the Gardener's Prize Peonies (there's a joke in there somewhere!)....
....and rhoddies.......

....FAB colour, don't you think?

.....my favourite


.....oh, and some crocheted peonies atop a tea cosy for one of my sisters!(not my best work ....it was done in a hurry but she likes it!). Pattern available here courtesy of MemeRose.


Have a great (hopefully dry) week, Everyone.
xxx


8 comments:

  1. Whahay...a winner! well done....such a shame about the rain but the sun will shine soon I suppose. The flowers and your crochet are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tea cozy......and your flowers are drool worthy......happy Sunday to you Momma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your cosy very much... just think how much pleasure it will bring to your sister every time she looks at it and thinks of you. I hope you have a sunny creative week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you tea cozy, your sister is very lucky.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tea cosy! could be a hat too (yes - I would wear a hat like that on a cold winters day and I'm sure I'm not the only one!). Well done on your flutter, have never been to the races but I bet it's really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos. I do hope that you have not let your win go to your head!
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  7. John Gray said...
    nana if you dont ant the eggs to hatch remove her and place her in a sin bin.... which is usually and ideally a wire cage.
    keep her in there as llong as it takes to make her broodiness to ear off ( sometimes it takes days)
    some broodies can be changed by dipping their bums into water and holding them there for a minute or so.....
    I have four hens sin binning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there!! I hope today the rain shall wait, so that you can enjoy your garden day! Your tea cosy is so adorable! I love it!!! And those flowers...oh so pretty!!!!!!
    I am just catching up and getting round to all of my blogging pals again after having been so awfully sick!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx