Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Days of Wine and Roses........

....well, not so much the wine but definitely some roses.....


 .....peonies, mostly. I love them. These particular ones are very old. I brought them with me from my last house....13 years ago and each year, they never let me down with their big,blousy blooms......
.......what favourite flowers grow in your garden this Summer?










I love dappled shade made by the late evening sun glistening through my Japanese Acer, which seems to be reaching for the skies this year but I'm loathe to chop it back.....so much light right now....good for the soul!
****************
Talking about favourite things, another one of mine is taking part in a really nice swap and if you pop over to my pal Betty's Blog, you'll see that she's setting one up entitled 'From My Home To Yours'.  Still loads of time to sign-up so hope you'll join in, from anywhere in the World too so how can you not!?

Thanks for all the lovely comments you left last time. You're a lovely bunch of people. Glad to 'know' all of you.
XxxooooxxX

11 comments:

  1. Hellooooo! I have been doing a wee catch up with you. The wedding...oh how lovely! Congrats to the handsome pair! And the crochet and knitting...so nice. The flowers, I love them. I have lots of roses. I love peonies too, but we don't see those much here. I adore gardenias!! And geraniums, gerbera daisey, so many more. Love flowers! Hope all is well in your world, way across the pond!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning the swap, looking forward to this one and I know you are too. I had one pink fluffy peony on my new this year plant and now it is all leaves and no flowers, but it grew massive so am hopeful of a better display next year, favourite flower for me is the foxglove, endless searches in the woods for signs of one have been fruitless (or flowerless) so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful flowers Nana. How lucky you are to have kept the same plant for so long. There is very little colour in my garden.....so when I've time I will add some peonies, camellias, in fact anything that I can get to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful blooms, Nana. All the colour in our garden comes from our roses -four huge bushes of white roses with a few gorgeous pink and red in between. Ooh we do have some fuchsia too. Just lovely sitting out in the garden enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Momma, I love your flowers my absolute favorite is Hydrangeas .....love them!
    What have you been up to?
    I had the best time on my girl trip, great weather,food and shopping!
    when are you coming to Alaska?
    love Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are so beautiful, I miss peonies, lilacs and hydrangeas, we can't grow them here, mush too tropical.
    Enjoy,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. The peonies are beautiful, such a wonderful colour, I really like the dark red ones like these! I hope that they keep flowering for many more years for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear Nana! Your roses and peonies are lovely. Roses here are very alive right now. A blessing!
    I hope you are feeling well, peaceful and sure. I can't do the swap because I committed to making thirty little things for my daughter-in-law's women's retreat. I think I might sew little books.
    Take care, good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne, love your peonies. Hope you are enjoying life. I just wanted to let you know that I am here reading your posts, although I don't comment with regularity! Wishing you a sunny, happy weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the movie with lee remick and jack lemon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those peonies are gorgeous! One of my most favourite flowers and sadly we have none. My mother has an abundance of them in her garden but won't let me pick even one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx