Anyhoot, I thought I'd have a go at devising my own - I think it turned out alright.......
......which I've had for a very long time and which was in much need of a facelift so once more, I picked up a paintbrush and got to work on it. I wanted to change the colour from the age-old yellowed look it had acquired through the years and fancied something in grey but all I had was leftover shed paint (yes, that got a new look too but I'm over my 'painting' period, for now!)in a shade called 'Silver Birch' so that had to do. I think it turned out alright!
So, as I was saying, I needed the Mandala because I bought this new pottery bowl...
which I need to go on top of the plant stand, which now sits on my middle landing......
....ergo the need for the Mandala, to stop the bowl from scratching the newly-painted surface....but now that it's there - the Mandala - I'm not sure if I like the look.....with/without, that is the question?
....ergo the need for the Mandala, to stop the bowl from scratching the newly-painted surface....but now that it's there - the Mandala - I'm not sure if I like the look.....with/without, that is the question?
In the meantime, the Mandala Fever continues.....
Enjoy x
***********
Thanks for stopping by past,present and hopefully much more in the future and a HUGE thanks to my two new followers - yaay!
I've got lots of interesting stuff to share but then one person's 'interesting' might just be another person's snooze-time......I'll keep posting and take my chances!
I think it'll turn out alright!
**********
Happy Weekend to You All
xxXXXoooXXXxxx





I have doilies all over the place, even in the bathroom, with plants and bowls on top and I am a fan of this look. I say it stays! I like your new header (well I think it's new); farmer bill's wife at the car boot told me last week that you can put Cosmos flowers in salad and they taste really good. I haven't tried this and hubby just looked a little exasperated at the thought...
ReplyDeleteThe makeover is brilliant - the bowl goes really well with the paint job - the mandala is so pretty, but you can't really see it in all it's glory, it's a shame to hide it under the bowl - hope you don't mind me saying - I would frame it on a pale pink card bathground and put it on the wall above the bowl so both compliment each other - you can buy felt squares in hobbycraft, if you cut it to size and use a couple of sticky fixer pads it would sit nicely on the bottom of your bowl to prevent any scratching - then you get two beautiful peices of art on full display!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry but I think it looks better without, love the table though. I've seen patterns for these mandalas everywhere but I'm not sure what your supposed to do with them. Might have a go at one nonetheless.
ReplyDeleteGillx
I love it with the mandala! Crochet is the current fashion so embrace it while it lasts!! Hope that you are well. Just to make you jealous I'm booked for Yarndale ...both days. I booked a room in December (unusually organised!!) so can stay for the whole weekend. Jille xx
ReplyDeleteI think it looks better with, I love it and I think it softens the whole project. And by the way you are NEVER boring!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Meredith
Your doily Mandela is pretty. Make another smaller one so the paint won't get scratched...think the current one would detract from your new bowl.
ReplyDeleteAnd your makeover of the plant stand is brilliant!
Hi Nana! I love your mandalas! I think I could make one (I clicked over to that blog) if I use my crochet handbook. I might try when I have some quiet (I can't multi-task at all!)
ReplyDeleteYou are a good needlewoman!
I hope you have a happy weekend with cheerful times with people and nourishing meals!
Its very pretty and looks lovely with the plant stand and the beautiful bowl! I know what you mean about not being sure to use it or not as you don't want to cover up the prettiness of the mandala, or take away from the bowl, a difficult thing to balance, but all three items are lovely and do look very nice together. xx
ReplyDeleteI like it too. What a lovely combination of colours and it's too pretty not to be a start of the show.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful mandalas & beautiful bowl & plant stand - I just love that colour you have used. Happy Weekend to you x0x Julie
ReplyDelete(sooo wish I could crochet!!!)
To be honest Nana I don't really 'get' Mandalas.....I know how talented you are and they are well made etc., but I just don't like them...so to me the beautiful bowl and stand look better without....hope you are ok with me saying it like it is!
ReplyDeleteI adore that plant stand
ReplyDeleteHi Nana Just caught up with some of your posts and i must say a tear came to my eye when i saw your fathers day one. They say time is a healer, but i still get upset about when i think of lost loves.
ReplyDeleteI love that fab bowl, just my type of pottery and i think the crochet mat goes very well with it, but that's just my opinion .
Thank you so much for your kind comment. Its so uplifting to think somebody reads my posts. I know i have been absent from blogging for a while, but now my college work is finished hope to get back to it again. Take care.......xx